• @ossel:

They said the street date was the 19th so that was when they would start shipping…

It’s too bad we can’t order A&A games from Panasonic because, back in the 1970s, their ads claimed that their products were “Just slightly ahead of our time” (which is a good description of Flashman receiving his copy today).

• Customizer

I don’t get off work 'till 5.30.

And I have to have a nice hot bath with my new units before playing the game. It wouldn’t do to play with unwashed OOB pieces.

@BJCard:

I expect a full battle report by this afternoon!

• @Flashman:

I don’t get off work 'till 5.30.

And I have to have a nice hot bath with my new units before playing the game. It wouldn’t do to play with unwashed OOB pieces.

@BJCard:

I expect a full battle report by this afternoon!

I dunno Flash… you look a lil under the weather… you might have to go home early and give us a battle report… :)

• @ossel:

I contacted the company I preordered from….They said the street date was the 19th so that was when they would start shipping… :-(

so u contacted CSI?im curious how it is they wont ship a pre order early  while amazon decides to ship early…unless they havnt even gotten it yet…

• Customizer

@tytyboogie:

@ossel:

I contacted the company I preordered from….They said the street date was the 19th so that was when they would start shipping… :-(

so u contacted CSI?im curious how it is they wont ship a pre order early   while amazon decides to ship early…unless they havnt even gotten it yet…

No, not CSI. Got it from nws-online.net.

• For anyone who ordered from CSI i called the 3 numbers listed and none of them are currently working.strange since ive spoken with them in the past.if anybody tries calling and gets thru I was goin to ask if they had an idea when exactly theyd ship…since amazon  decided to be the winner winner chicken dinner!

• What they delivered to UK before USA? OMG!

• Customizer

Oh, didn’t you all hear?

There’s been a big warehouse fire at the US distributors.

Unless you want fire damaged stock looks like you Americans will have to wait for the second production run.

• Customizer

@Flashman:

Oh, didn’t you all hear?

Unless you want fire damaged stock looks like you Americans will have to wait for the second production run.

That’s not true…THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

• @Flashman:

Oh, didn’t you all hear?

That is not even remotely funny :-P If true it’s even less funny.
    Come on CSI.

• @Flashman:

There’s been a big warehouse fire at the US distributors. Unless you want fire damaged stock looks like you Americans will have to wait for the second production run.

The fire-damaged units could be used in conjunction with a tech upgrade representing the introduction of flame-throwers.

• Customizer

Just zipped through the rules and cleared up a few questions.

Firstly, though, the unit pieces are a step up from what’s gone before. The infantry seem to be in a slightly larger scale, for example the French pieces bear comparison with my Hat Airfix re-releases, though unfortunately in a darker shade of blue.

Many of the colours are very similar to previous issues, though the 1914 sets seem to be in darker, more muted shades.

But overall very happy with the units.

Rules:

The Russian Revolution rules are very badly written and create a range of anomalies. Essentially you’ve already read them in djensen’s piece. There is nothing in them as written to stop the Allies setting up invisible force fields by giving control of western tts to Russia.
    It doesn’t even state if revolutionary Moscow counts towards CP victory conditions.

Minefields in SZs can be neutralized; basically if your side takes control of the enemy tt containing the relevant NB the mines are not rolled for.

You can carry allied units on transports.

Capture the capital rules are exactly the same as they’ve always been.

The UK can place an unlimited number of non-naval units in India.

If, during mobilize units, you find you don’t have an infantry in a land tt with other units present, you must demote one of those units to an infantry. You must always have one of your own infantry in a land tt to have any other units there.

Victory conditions are two enemy capitals controlled, which must include Paris or London for the CPs, or Berlin for the Allies. Though it is not specifically mentioned, I assume Bombay does not count as a capital.

Additional:

The specific rule of Battleship repair states that you can only repair damage to a BB if “it is in a SZ that shares a NB symbol with a tt that you control”.

So, you can build and launch a new Battleship in a SZ that is contested or even hostile, but you cannot repair a damaged BB in a home port if the SZ is even contested…

There is no cost to repair.

American BBs then cannot repair in French or British NBs, so they’ll have to either sail home to repair, or wait until America captures an enemy NB.

I suspect that this was not the intention of the rule, and that in fact its possible to repair in any NB that is friendly. Certainly this would make more sense…

• Customizer

@Flashman:

Minefields in SZs can be neutralized; basically if your side takes control of the enemy tt containing the relevant NB the mines are not rolled for.

This makes absolutely no sense. So what, do we assume that when you take the territory you magically find maps of where the mines are? I’m pretty sure someone here has pointed out that it took something like 5 years for them to clear all the mines from some areas.  :?

• You assume your forces cleared a path through the mines and no new ones can get added while the enemy is there.

• Customizer

I’ve added the rules for battleship repair to the above post, they make much less sense.

• Well, if the RR isn’t spelled out, whats the best way to handle it?  i.e. which way do you think Kreighund will put in the “Official FAQ”?  That’s how we should play.

• Customizer

I think we have to assume that Moscow does count for victory conditions, otherwise the rule is dead in the water.

The simplest fix to the force fields is that after a revolution the Allies must nominate another power to take control of Russian controlled tt outside Russia itself.

• @Flashman:

I think we have to assume that Moscow does count for victory conditions, otherwise the rule is dead in the water.

The simplest fix to the force fields is that after a revolution the Allies must nominate another power to take control of Russian controlled tt outside Russia itself.

In addition, it is unlikely there are many territories controlled by Moscow if the CPs trigger the revolution.  The other option is if Russian troops are in foreign soil (like in Turkey) with no other Allied units with them, then they still disappear and Turkey can reclaim its lost territories on its next turn.

• Or just make neutrals activate on behalf of the power who is closest.
    Or just disallow Russia to represent a neutral power unless russian units are adjacent

Or just let the CP attack Russian territory after the revolution, and remove the forcefields that way.

• Cool Stuff hasn’t shipped anything yet as of Friday.  :-(

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m