• djensen, I know you are busy, but when can we expect a new preview?  I cannot get enough information about 1914!  :mrgreen:

• You should a preview on Land, air, and sea combat.

• We’re looking forward to see how Zeppelins, trench warfare, rails and cavalry work!

Oh wait, ……

Nevermind.

• Customizer

I suspect djensen is having a hard time translating the rule book into intelligible English.

Chimp is a difficult language, having no common Indo-European source.

• @Flashman:

I suspect djensen is having a hard time translating the rule book into intelligible English.

Chimp is a difficult language, having no common Indo-European source.

Hahaha made my day

I mean common we`re all starving here.
    Just give us some news/rule infos /larry-reports.
    Feed us !!

• Customizer

I suspect that something in the Russian Revolution rules didn’t add up, and feedback has gone to WOTC.

Maybe that thing I pointed out about Russian control of tts creating invisible force fields for the Allies?

If they’d only post the rules on here before printing, none of this sort of thing would ever happen.

A game’s designers are perhaps the last people who should write the rule book, as they hold assumptions about the game that other people can only guess at.

• @Flashman:

I suspect that something in the Russian Revolution rules didn’t add up, and feedback has gone to WOTC.

Maybe that thing I pointed out about Russian control of tts creating invisible force fields for the Allies?

If they’d only post the rules on here before printing, none of this sort of thing would ever happen.

A game’s designers are perhaps the last people who should write the rule book, as they hold assumptions about the game that other people can only guess at.

Agree completely Flashman.  This would pair down the “FAQ’s” and rule changes to a minimum.

• I got told that the game is delayed to july since they now have to re-write the rulebook, after Flashman pointed out the Russian force fields

• They may also have to reprint the map, after I pointet out, right here in this forum, that it is stupid, and derogatory, to let Africa cover half the map when all the fighting is in Europe.

The next map may look like this, actually ;

pic68400_lgeurope.jpg

• @Razor:

the Russian force fields

Sounds like a tech upgrade imported from Twilight Imperium.

• '10

How does production work?  What are the limits?  Are there stacking limits?

Can you / how do you produce in Africa?

• Pushed back to July? Where did you hear this from? I sure hope not, I am so ready to get it in under 2 weeks.

• Customizer

Same as before except:

All new ground units are placed in the capital.

All new ships are placed in tts with a naval base.

UK can place some units in India (not ships), but we don’t know if there’s a limit to this.

There is no production in Africa, which is why some think its pretty pointless having Africa in the game at all.

My suggested house rule is that any power holding African tt can build a limited number of “Askaris” there on a turn; basically native infantry who must be accompanied at all times by “regular” troops. They cost 2 and fight at -1 on attack and defence (can still be boosted by artillery).
    Without them, Africa will have fewer units than tts and see very little action.

@FieldMarshalGames:

How does production work?  What are the limits?  Are there stacking limits?

Can you / how do you produce in Africa?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m