• Anyone ever build one of these?  How well does it end up working out?

• Sponsor

@BJCard:

Anyone ever build one of these?  How well does it end up working out?

An IC purchase in Egypt should be fine during round 2 or later, but if there is any threat of a Sea Lion attempt, I wouldn’t recommend it. Some players lately (including myself) prefer an IC purchase in Persia or Iraq, this position will help support Egypt, Calcutta, and Stalingrad, and if the UK loses London… Calcutta might be able to hold it better in the Middle East as opposed to Egypt. If Italy loses the Med, an IC in Egypt could also prove to be obsolete, this makes the Middle East IC more attractive, especially if you have the money and freedom to build a second one in Persia or Iraq.

• Theres no point just use the one in south africa. The only time to build one in egypt would be as italy.

• What if Germany invests heavily in the Med?  Or does a strict neutral attack?

I’m kind of leery in putting an IC in Persia because it isn’t hard for Japan to hit it.  At least with Egypt you can reinforce it well.  Iraq is tough to get early enough for it to matter (unless you forgo hitting Ethiopia, which I think is a poor choice.  You’ll be chasing Italians all over Africa if you don’t).

I also don’t think an Egypt IC will be obsolete if Italy is contained.  It will continue to maintain it so and fast units built in Egypt can help in Caucasus or India.

• Sponsor

@stroutqb22:

Theres no point just use the one in south africa. The only time to build one in egypt would be as italy.

There is sense to this if there are enough transports to shuck infantry back and forth from South Africa to Egypt.

• '12

@Young:

There is sense to this if there are enough transports to shuck infantry back and forth from South Africa to Egypt.

The shuck isn’t easy to pull off in every game, since if the Italians are parked in Alexandria you then have to cover the TTs from air attack.

I agree that an Egypt IC is never obsolete, it can always shift to sending units east, or as a staging ground for invading Greece.

• Sponsor

Supporting Egypt, India, and Stalingrad with an IC or two in the Middle East is more effective than attacking Greece IMO.

Of course you’re not going to shuck undefended transports, if there is a Italian or Japanese threat of sinking them… You’re gonna find a way to move them, or protect them.

• sometimes i do build one, sometimes i dont build one for all the reasons mentioned above.  to say difinitavly that an IC in Egypt is good or bad is like saying its always best fo do a sea lion.  lot depends on the player you aer working with and against, and the board situation.

generally speaking, i never build one on round 1 becasue of the sea lion issue.

most games i use the transport shuffle from sotuh africa.

sometimes IC (s) in the midddl east.

some games, i build up in south africa, give egypt to italy ,let them build and IC there and thatn i take ti from them…and thank them for it…of course.  8-)

• @builder_chris2:

and thatn i take ti from them…and thank them for it…of course.  8-)

The most sincere way to show thanks is to take Rome after that.  It’s a good way to tell the Italians that Rome is worth taking, which is good for their self-esteem

• Speaking of IC’s ( forgive me for askin here) but cant find anywhere if ANZAC is allowed to upgrade there minor complex…(i know they can get another minor in queensland But just curious…thanks

• @tytyboogie:

Speaking of IC’s ( forgive me for askin here) but cant find anywhere if ANZAC is allowed to upgrade there minor complex…(i know they can get another minor in queensland But just curious…thanks

They can’t upgrade it because the territory IPC value must be 3 to support a major

• Thanks….! Thats what I figured per the rules I just wanted to doublecheck in case australia being a continent & that bein there capital,that I didnt miss any special circumstances rule…

• Sure

Since you have to be the original owner of the territory to have a major in it, it is impossible for ANZAC to ever control a major

• I build one whenever I plan on contesting the med and eventually pushing to middle-east caucus.  It makes it very easy to defend egypt early game.

• Generally building an IC in Egypt is not a good idea and not necessary. If Germany looks like it’s going to SeaLion, then definitely don’t build an IC in Egypt. If Germany doesn’t SeaLion, then focus on building a navy. Any good German player will build enough navy to keep the Brit navy down and convoy disrupt. Use enough of the US Navy to help the Brit navy scare the German navy away. Then use the combined Allied navy to take Gibraltar and harass the Italians.

• TripleA

Egypt IC is h20 solid. Depends on your overall strategy in relation to the axis.

1. you can get fighters to fly to russia 2) you can do the convoy thing to italy 3) you can guard it with 3 inf a turn spam 4) sometimes you need naval for Japan and shazam wam bam there you go!

When is it not good?

1. persia is a faster route to flying fighters to russia 2) Italy not an issue and you making naval off of london to do drops 3) if you lose the complex before using it or will lose it anyway 4) union can be used to pump out naval for Japan if you really need to do it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m