Have you ever cheated at an A&A game?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Well?

Have you ever cheated at axis and allies?

• '17 '16 '15

sort of    sorry i was confusing A&A with my ex wife again

• Yes. cannot think of an example. I think it is inevitable Garg.

I like the option: yes, but they did it 1st!
    It is so playground.
    And we are all children after all.

• Love the drinking option….had to go with it!

• '10

@Gargantua:

Well?

Have you ever cheated at axis and allies?

I have made numerous errors and then discovered them several turns later. But being a senior citizen I think that I can be forgiven those transgressions. One of our major problems is keeping an accurate IPC count. Besides the regular chart I started keeping a log. That helps a lot. Still not perfect though.

• '12

Nope. Total Boy Scout over here.

Yrs.,
    R.

• @Mallery29:

Love the drinking option….had to go with it!

I would have to believe all the options should have the “I was drinking…”

Not sure I’ve ever played a game of A&A where I haven’t been consuming alcohol.

• '12

Does ‘accidently’ forgetting to point out your opponent should have 34 IPC not 33 for one round?  He really could build an AC and 2 fighters but with only 33……well he did get that missed 1 IPC the following round…

A victory with any hint of cheating is not worth having for me.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Some of my favourite memories were when I played against this one kid that used to pad his income with a few extra dollars per turn, and pretend like I didn’t notice.

The best part was, he was terrible at the game, and would schooled regularily, and usually how bad you were beating him, was directly related to how much he would pad his stack. LOL…

So much satisfaction in knowing you beat him, even though he cheated.

That said, I think the most COMMON cheat is over moving aircraft.  I’ve seen it too often!  Especially since the release of Pacific 1940! As in the global era, there are always so many damn planes!

• I’m not the best when it comes to math and all that, so I believe I have miscounted the amount of IPC’s I should have had as well as not adding up the number of units I should be able to build with the money I had on hand, which I don’t really count as cheating as I didn’t do these thing out of a sense of malice.

That said, have I cheated, yes, I will admit to that. Sometimes it was in response to another players obvious cheating (like when we noticed an army of Brit infantry suddenly appeared in the Sudan and he claimed it was from concentrating all his African units there) or to just screw over a really overconfident but clearly inept player to shut him up (had a huge fleet as the US but no ground forces outside of two transports with 3 infantry and a tank who thought he could take Japan with that). Now I should mention that in all instances I was not alone in cheating, any cheating that was done was done with the assistance and support of my fellow players because it had always been directed at one player in particular and I do not believed it cheapened any of our games, but it did have the desired result of these people not coming back to play again.

• Sponsor

I think I miss counted my income by 2 because I accidentally counted FIC when I didn’t control it for one round, but reclaimed it afterwards. I asked my opponent “did I collect to much two turns ago” he said “I don’t care about $2 man”… and that was that. So my answer is yes accidentally, but I did tell him. I also illegally scrambled planes from ANZAC by accident, but I told my opponent about that as well.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@MrMalachiCrunch:

Does ‘accidently’ forgetting to point out your opponent should have 34 IPC not 33 for one round?� He really could build an AC and 2 fighters but with only 33……well he did get that missed 1 IPC the following round…

No, I do not believe this is cheating. It is an error that is the other person’s fault. Even so, I almost always tell the person if I notice that it has happened. If you do notice and don’t say anything, you are playing pretty cutthroat. To me, it diminishes any success you have because the game is not as real or legitimate as it could have been. The only way I might not say is if the game was not a particularly friendly one… but even then…

I am also okay with letting people roll research dice out of order; if they forgot to. Or collect money from a previous turn that they neglected to do (so long as they can mathematically prove it and it does not alter previous events in the game). I know some people (one really) who always makes a big deal out of stuff like that, when the problem was an honest mistake or omission. I think you are just a dick at that point.

@MrMalachiCrunch:

A victory with any hint of cheating is not worth having for me.

Same. Therefore I do not cheat. If I notice I have made an error, I will fess up and offer reparations.

• '12

Same. Therefore I do not cheat. If I notice I have made an error, I will fess up and offer reparations.

Great way to live life and play board games, I try to play/live that way as well.  If anything, I try to be honest/agreeable to a fault, allowing missed non-combat moves 99% of the time.  I do this to have ‘money in the bank’ so to speak knowing I will eventually screw up and want to withdraw some good-will from the bank of karma!

@MrMalachiCrunch:

I do this to have ‘money in the bank’ so to speak knowing I will eventually screw up and want to withdraw some good-will from the bank of karma!

That is an additional benefit. It will inevitably happen. If your opponent knows you aren’t a hard ass yourself they will usually overlook the common mistake.

• Cheating is stupid. Victory with it always has an asterisk next to it.

It’s just a freaking game and if you have to cheat, you have major psychological problems and should address them rather than play games IMO.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

During my first ever game of Global (and never having played either Europe or Pacific either), I accidentally counted my armor as costing only 5 IPC’s for a few rounds. I didn’t mention it, because it made no real difference as to the outcome of the game. We didn’t have the time to finish it anyway, and the situation on the board was “undecided” regardless of whether or not I had a few extra tanks because of the error I made.

• @Herr:

During my first ever game of Global (and never having played either Europe or Pacific either), I accidentally counted my armor as costing only 5 IPC’s for a few rounds. I didn’t mention it, because it made no real difference as to the outcome of the game. We didn’t have the time to finish it anyway, and the situation on the board was “undecided” regardless of whether or not I had a few extra tanks because of the error I made.

I made the same exact mistake the first time I played global, I did tell my friends that I made that mistake, but not until later and they said it was ok. I’m pretty sure that the had made a similar mistake.

• Sponsor

@stroutqb22:

@Herr:

I made the same exact mistake the first time I played global, I did tell my friends that I made that mistake, but not until later and they said it was ok. I’m pretty sure that the had made a similar mistake.

I caught someone buying aircraft carriers at $14 a piece, he said it was a mistake, and I believed him.

At least you guys didn’t only collect only the Europe IPCs for Russia for half the game, when playing global.

Yeah, and we all wondered why Russia was getting crushed so easily. Me most of all…  :roll:

• '13

@Imperious:

Cheating is stupid. Victory with it always has an asterisk next to it.

It’s just a freaking game and if you have to cheat, you have major psychological problems and should address them rather than play games IMO.

Just like all the steroid use!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m