MY HOMEMADE EASTFRONT GAME USING HBGS PIECES.

• '12

I ve been developing a eastfront game using ta lot of the latest pieces from HBG. Its a hex game, with easy supply rules, and the use of leaders from each side. Each side receives a specific amount of Armor ans Air pts each turn, reflecting the historically production of them. Russia also get a variable amount of Infantry pts, depending of how many major cities is holding, so the better the Axis player is doing of capturing cities he can cripple the russian players ability to produce Inf pts. Also each side stars with a bunch of light tanks and overtime it receives more of medium and heavy tanks. (ex Axis wont receive their first tiger until Nov42, and russian wont receive their first JS-2 until mid 43). I  attached a few pics, im still playtesting it, if someone is interested on helping me out and lives in LA area plz let me know.

• where are these pics?

• '12

First pic is the map. I used hex draw to make it. Dimensions are roughly 4X5.

001.jpg
    f.jpg

• '12

IL you I started this project after looking at the beautiful game that you developed at advance axis and allies. The next pic is the finnish front

002.jpg

• '12

Next up is AGN AGC and AGS setup. with their leaders. I forgot to mention they are 4 level leaders. Level 1 can only support defending units, level 2 supports defending and attacking units, level 3 all the above plus can blitz and level4 all the above plus support units that blitz. Every leader can only support a set amount of units usually ranges from 2 to 8, depending of the historical abilities of the leader.

003.jpg
    004.jpg

• '12

And this the Rumanian units with 5 steps of german inf.

005.jpg

• '12

Those are the notes that accumulate it through out my playtesting sessions.

006.jpg
    007.jpg

• '10

Looks amazing!  Get us a pic of the complete set-up next time you play.

Great Work!

Jeremy

• Great work!

• '10

Looks like you have put a lot of time into this project. I like your painted units. Nice to see some specific Finnish units. Keep up the good work.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Cool idea! Let us know how the hex movement system works. Is it like BOTB? Good looking painted HBG Minors too!

• '12

I took some pics from the whole set up.

009.jpg
    008.jpg

• '12

AGS and rumanian front facing Kiev and Odessa fronts.

003.jpg
    004.jpg

• '12

AGC and AGN are facing Baltic and Western fronts, plus the finnish front. You can also notice the german navy at Koningsberg and the russian fleet at Krondstadt.

011.jpg
    006.jpg

• '12

One of my innovations is the fog of war feeling to this game. I played a lot of block games thought the years and i really enjoyed the unknown feeling that gives to a game. What I did, I numbered all my chips 1 to 5, thats the max steps a unit can have in a hex, then placed the unit on top of it. You can split the unit as you advance, but you are only allowed to have up to 5 units in a hex plus a leader ( you can have 5 one step untis or 5 five steps units and anything between). There are 2 turns per month, Im developing 6 month scenarios, so you can play a scenario in less than 4 hrs. Movement isnt restricted, inf units move 2 hexes in clear weather, and one ii snow or mud. Mech units move 3 hexes in clear weather, 2 in snow and 1 in mud. There is an exploitation move after combat, and mech units paired with a blitz leader can initiate a new combat. The rest of the units cant move or initiate a new battle but they can have a new round of combat if they were enganged in a combat before, if the attacking player wishes, but isnt mandatory. Im still looking for  ppl to playtest the game, anyone around LA can contact anytime. I  want to finalize the game and make it avail for the community.You free to ask Any questions

007.jpg
    012.jpg

• Great looks.

• When, Where, Why, Wooppie!

• Great looking stuff! Hope it works out to be a great game.

• PantherP Panther locked this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m