• What about a bid of zero?

I agree that if people play an entire game they will find that the allies are not as weak as they think.

• No bid.

• TripleA

My dice bid and ll bid are totally different.

If someone says no bid, they are playing the allies and I will take the axis and show them how it is done.

• '16 '15 '10

In my experience, the majority who insist on no bid only want to play Axis.  Go figure :wink:

I can agree that playing to total domination is a different game and a bid might not be necessary in that.  VC conditions dramatically improve Axis odds of victory.

• TripleA

In my experience, the majority who insist on no bid only want to play Axis.

Exactly.

• Sponsor

@loki17:

What about a bid of zero?

I agree that if people play an entire game they will find that the allies are not as weak as they think.

Agreed.

• There already a couple of polls out now that strongly suggust a bid around 9-12 IPCs at least.

Again, I still strongly and annoyingly so, support adding the Russian Bomber as well as returning the 1 Brit infantry in Egypt (A3).  This will keep the bid at 6IPCs or below- giving the choice for Allies to place 1SS in the Med or 2infantry on London thus bringing some highly refined balance to the current game.  All in all, it is much better than OOB.

• @Young:

@loki17:

What about a bid of zero?

Agreed.

@Paksos:

In my group we play to the death (or till it looks like one side will never win and defeat is inevitable) so no bid for the Allies.

i agree 100%.  bid of zip, silch, nadda…NOTHING for u allies!

keeping in mind…i maybe win 1 out of 10 times with the axis and can win 9 out of 10 with the allies.  so maybe i just suck as the axis or maybe i just rule as the allies or maybe i am great as the axis but always face better allied players or maybe i suck as the allies and always face suckier axis players.  :-o hhummm

• TripleA

Again, if you think allies need nothing then you can play the allies. I will serve up a spanking!

I been giving allies 15 bids and coming out on top in some of the games, it is much more difficult to overcome.

I think a bid of 9 seems more appropriate.

• maybe i just need to face up to the fact that the reason the games i play in seem to be so diffeernt is me and the dudes i game with msut suck no matter who plays the axis, cuzz most of our face to face games result in an allied win and we play with no bid.

• '17 '16 '15

download some games on here where the axis won and see what they did

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@builder_chris2:

maybe i just need to face up to the fact that the reason the games i play in seem to be so diffeernt is me and the dudes i game with msut suck no matter who plays the axis, cuzz most of our face to face games result in an allied win and we play with no bid.

The axis only have the advantage for the first half dozen rounds or so.  After that America kicks into high gear, so the longer your games go on (like 10-15 rounds or more), the greater the allied advantage will become.

• TripleA

Be aggressive be be aggressive. Be aggressive.

• @Cow:

Be aggressive be be aggressive. Be aggressive.

This.

If you are smart and agressive as Axis you can win before any Allied advantage comes to fruition, hence the bid.  Also worth noting that cheerleading references will always win.

• @variance:

@builder_chris2:

maybe i just need to face up to the fact that the reason the games i play in seem to be so diffeernt is me and the dudes i game with msut suck no matter who plays the axis, cuzz most of our face to face games result in an allied win and we play with no bid.

The axis only have the advantage for the first half dozen rounds or so.  After that America kicks into high gear, so the longer your games go on (like 10-15 rounds or more), the greater the allied advantage will become. Â

True only if the Axis don’t close or pass the Allies on the Economic gap by that time or maybe 1 or 2 rounds after.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m