• Last week I played with my son, and I had an aircraft carrier with one fighter on it. I moved the carrier 2 spaces then stopped.Afterwards, I moved my fighter that was on the carrier two spaces to attack in Alaska.I would then move the last two spaces back to my carrier if I survived. Is this a legal move? Or can I not move my fighter once the carrier moves then stops? Im a little unclear on this.

• If the fighter is your own fighter it has it’s own movement. This means you can move with it 4 spaces from your original position. If it’s not your fighter it gets moved with the ship (and doesn’t attack) and is considered to be “cargo”.

So your move isn’t legal because your fighter moved 6 spaces.

• So once my aircraft carrier moves, my fighter can no longer move even when the carrier stops?

• @bhughes1971:

So once my aircraft carrier moves, my fighter can no longer move even when the carrier stops?

No.  All units move independently of each other.  The carrier only acts as a landing space for the fighter (unless it’s a friendly fighter, not the carriers owners fighter).

When you move a fighter, you move from the seazone that the carrier is in.  And when you move the carrier, you don’t take fighters with you.  They’re in the air, and they have only the range starting from the seazone the carrier is in.  You don’t carry the fighters two spaces, then launch.  They’ve already “launched” at the start of your turn.

• Makes sense now, I appreciate it. :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m