• Limit rail movement to territories only with an IPC value of 2 or more (industrial areas)

Limit each power to how many units it can move by rail to reflect it’s logistic capabilities.
    However…none of this may be necessary.

• Customizer

An important thing to remember is that you can never rail units into combat, so the other side will always be able to counter a massive shift of units by rail with a similar move of its own before any combat resultant from it.

The Soviets did move a large army from Siberia to help the defence of Moscow, but only after receiving assurances that Japan would not violate the neutrality pact. Germany had itself moved the bulk of its armed forces from the western front to the east in the Summer of 1941 in preparation for Barbarossa, largely undetected by the Soviets.

So there is nothing unhistorical about such huge redeployments, indeed they are entirely reflective of the nature of industrial warfare. One of the challenges is to disrupt your opponent’s communications to prevent this, and of course to secure your own transport lines to reinforce your front.

• Customizer

Draft of an alternative map intended to use all the official rules plus rail movement of course. And building units in every home tt, obviously.

My preferred colour scheme; (Turkey should be tan, this isn’t on the palette I’m using).

Happy with the new arrangement of Ottoman Empire.

Russia looks something like.

Petrograd now the capital, but Russia can move centre to Moscow under certain conditions.

Didn’t like Lorraine-Burgundy crushing Paris westwards - fixed.

Persia logically reflects Anglo-Russian accord.

Still not satisfied with Med SZs.

America now has its very own colony - hoorah!

And…Ta-da! Return of the Roundels.

Axis&Allies1914FlashMap.PNG

• Customizer

Divided Prussia.

Now Berlin is 4 spaces each from Paris & Petrograd, which I think is fair enough. Russia can move capitals to Moscow in an emergency, but Germany can force an armistice without taking it (it has to take Petrograd to defeat Russia).

Added more SZ in the Arctic - Scotland to Russia now 2 turns.

I think African tts when mobilized should be less well defended.

One inf per IPC with no art seems more realistic.

Axis&Allies1914FlashMap.PNG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m