• If my opponent does a SBR in my territory and I have units there, does the SBR take place and the bomber goes back to where it came from, or do my units get to attack also? Basically my question is, once a SBR happens, do my units automatically defend by rolling a defense roll or does the SBR happen and thats it…? I hope Im making sense here.

• The only unit that defends against an SBR is an AA gun.  If you have an AA gun, you get one roll (per bomber doing an SBR run).  If you roll a “1”, you kill the bomber and take no damage.  Roll anything else (or if you have no AA gun whatsoever), and the bomber(s) do 1d6 damage (per surviving bomber) (capped at 2x the IPC value of the territory).

• Unless you’re using the optional air interceptor rule, the only unit that defends against a SBR is the factory that is being bombed…it has a built-in AA defense.
    AA guns don’t defend against SBR’s…they defend ground units being attacked by air units.

• Thanks for the quick replies

• Captain Walker… This is the Spring '42 (first edition) forum.  Factories (in this edition) do not have built in AA defenses (although many start with an AA gun in the territory).  AA guns also defend against enemy fighters/bombers participating in conventional conflict.

I believe you are thinking of a different edition of the game.

• I stand corrected. I was thinking it was like 2 edition…been a while since I played 1 edition.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m