• Who are you most exited to play as? Personally I look forward to trying to hold back Fritz as France given that they’ve never been a significant power in any previous A&A game. Then again neither have Austria-Hungary or the Ottomans.

• Well I’m probably stuck in 2 player mode but my go to Nation is
    The Austro-Hungarian Empire.I just have a thing for Senile Empires
    & faded glory.

• Customizer

Germany - boring and predictable
    France - hold back the Boshe, maybe experiment with Turkish invasion
    Austria - could be interesting fight on three fronts
    Russia - could be a losing battle if G&A both go for you
    Britian - lots of options in Asia and Africa
    Italy - only one likely land front
    Turkey - African, Indian and Russian options all interesting
    USA - should be played by same guy as Russia; probably a fire fighter for the western Allies Â

• Austria Hungary, given how it has the same production as Russia, I figure I could play WW1 how it was ment to be played, with Austria covering Germany’s behind until they smash France’s teeth in.

The war will be done by Christmas that way

• @Zepplien:

Austria Hungary, given how it has the same production as Russia, I figure I could play WW1 how it was ment to be played, with Austria covering Germany’s behind until they smash France’s teeth in.

Spoken like a true Warmonger LOL

PS: So your planning on a long game then. If the game comes out in April, X-mas is a long way off (hehe)

BTW I think playing both the Ottomans and Austria would be cool

• @WILD:

@Zepplien:

Austria Hungary, given how it has the same production as Russia, I figure I could play WW1 how it was ment to be played, with Austria covering Germany’s behind until they smash France’s teeth in.

Spoken like a true Warmonger LOL

PS: So your planning on a long game then. If the game comes out in April, X-mas is a long way off (hehe)

BTW I think playing both the Ottomans and Austria would be cool

Oh you haven’t seen me play Axis and Allies. The war might not be over by X-mas lol.

I also agree that the ottomans would be cool. So many possibilities.

• A-U Monarchy (K&K). I’m from Croatia so I’ll tray to save empire from colapsing  :-D

After that mother Russia of course. Try to liberate enslaved slavic people from evil austrians  :-D

• I would want to say the Glorious Imperial Russia, but I have a feeling they’ll be a faction that is doomed to be…well…doomed.  From a gameplay perspective I think Austria will be one of the funnest, a pretty important role in keeping Germany alive. After all, it was the collapse of the old Empire was the biggest death blow to Germany.

• Customizer

The principle task of Russia will be to lure Germany and Austria further into Russia, and so further away from where they can be of any use where the war is really decided.

• @Zepplien:

“The war will be over by Christmas” is a wish that many soldiers (especially the poor infantrymen who are stuck at the front) have been expressing for a very long time.  I think it was an especially common sentiment in the fall of 1914 and (on the Anglo-American side) in the fall of 1944.  I think that Montgomery’s Market-Garden operation was conceived in part as a means of ending WWII (in Europe) by Christmas 1944.

• Austria for me. Vienna was the best place I have ever been to, and there is so much left from the Empire it’s hard not to get a little nostalgic.

• I voted for Germany only because my buddies will be to afraid to play them. I do think Austria might be the darkhorse(if they are one) to play in this game. Great Britain may be the funnest to play for the Allies. Italy I believe will be the worst. We shall see.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

WWI was always about Deutschland.  And so Deustcheland it will be!

Deutschland! Deutschland! Uber Alles!

• Ottomans will be interesting.

• Customizer

With that attitude, you’ll get stranded in Russia while the Yanks are fooling around in and around the back alleys of Paris. What a sucker.

@Gargantua:

WWI was always about Deutschland.  And so Deustcheland it will be!

Deutschland! Deutschland! Uber Alles!

• Germany’s misfortune or fortune in terms of being capable of winning will be determined by the playtesting, just like it would have been if there were rail movement.

It sucks that the game is without rail movement, but that has nothing inherently to do with balance.

Let’s say that there were rail movement in the game, and the playtesting overestimated how much that actually helps Germany. Germany would be screwed then too, just like if playtesting didn’t take into account that Germany has a long way between Moscow and Paris.

Rail movement’s absence sucks for flavor reasons, but please realize that the absence doesn’t doom Germany.

• Customizer

No, but I think it pretty much dooms the Paris-Moscow strategy.

I will try the Swiss Roll/Ostwall approach with the CPs, and let other get stranded in Moscow.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m