Would be interesting to play heroes!

• I think it would be great to have the possibility to buy some “heroes”. Example: USSR could have “red guards” who defend (example) at “3” and attack at “3”, Germany could have “Hitler’s guard”, England could have special pilots like they did in the second world war! Japan = kamikazes and USA= ? Marines?

Tell me what you think about it!

• Yeah, that sounds kind of cool. I think some guy mentioned that he did that, but it was just one unit per country (You’d have five heros on the board). He did some crazy*ss thing like cutting the guys up so you could tell them apart! I think it’d be best if you put names on them. Russia: Vasily Sitzev (inf.), U.S. : Joe Foss (ftr), Germany: uhhh :roll:, Japan: uhhh :roll:, U.K. …… Ok, forget that! Maybe you could do something with the leaders, like if your Hitler guy is in a territory he makes everything there defend at +2 or 3.

• how about with the UK and US the OSS and MI VI - Wild Bill Donovan and William “Intrepid” Stevenson?

• interested-Crypt

• I have “One-Eye Ivan” for Russia and Audie Murphy for USA

• i vote Captain America! for the usa, now theres a hero! :)

• Too bad he was never real… American could always use a hero of truth, justice, and the American way.

• USA had no heroes. American war heroes are only seen on tv!

• America had those two guys in that cartoon, you know what I’m talking about… I forget the name. (Where they’re always in a foxhole and it’s raining and they’re muddy.) :)

• USA gets “Betty Grable”. Morale soars and all INF in the territory get to attack at 2, defend at 2. The next round, they all retire to their bunks and are reduced to 1/1 for the remainder of the turn due to distraction…

Ozone27

• @bangalore:

America had those two guys in that cartoon, you know what I’m talking about… I forget the name. (Where they’re always in a foxhole and it’s raining and they’re muddy.) :)

“The Sad Sack”…?

Ozone27

• A special unit the United States can have is Rosie the Riveter. All units, except soldiers, cost one or two Production Certificates less for the remainder of that turn. We can fight too! :)

• I like this idea of one hero for each country. I would call them generals/admirals, though :).
    You could even expand this idea …. to make it more or less nousable, by saying a general can only command a certain amount of units, and different units get different boni. And then you could start to bring in more than one general per country, each with a different set of boni :)

• What if our intrepid hero gets killed? :(

• then u can tell all ur little army men that the bad bad man killed ur hero so they get all ped off and attack at 3 or 4 :wink:

• Ha, I that’s a pretty good idea.
    “Kill my General!?? That’s it, somebody is gonna pay! :evil:”
    But I wonder, how much would Admirals and Generals cost? Does each country get one at the start of the game? Can you replace loss ones?

• @Anonymous:

then u can tell all ur little army men that the bad bad man killed ur hero so they get all ped off and attack at 3 or 4 :wink:

wouldn’t morale fall like a rock?
    That way there would be incentive to “kill the leader”.

• …Yeah, Sad Sack, that’s right.

This would have to be a very simple thing. The hero/general/model/cartoon would be on the board at the beginning of the game, if they get killed (they personally would have an attack/defend of 0/1) they’re out, and that’s it. If you can buy more, they wouldn’t be as special, and all anbody would do is spend their money on Betty Grables :P (Heck, I’d do it! But that’s not what the game’s about.) We obviously know all the american heros, what we need to do is research some for the other countries. Oh, maybe they should start at their respective capitals? What do you think?

• Well, first are all the generals suppose to be different from the others? Like USA’s general bonus is +1 to all inf, while UK’s general bonus is +1 to all ARM?

• :D What about a magic sword that’s +1 to all INF? Or a “wizard” unit? :D

Ozone27

• Okayyyyyyy now :wink: Maybe bayonnet charges, that might fit the bill for inf

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m