Variant: Duoble Starting Units / Double Money

• it isnt as exciting but having everything the same except the number of units. if u mess w/ the system thats already set up it gets really messy when its already good.

• yeah, that would mess it up pretty bad thinkin about it…. at end of russia’s first turn you could have 31 infantry there… plus all your 8 tanks and 4 fighters

• i think its a pretty dumb idea no offfence, Russia could then build like 15 soldiers each turn, Germany and Japan couldnt destroy that while still fighting America which gets 72 and Britain that gets 60.

• yeah, the IPC difference would be huge… UK getting 60, US getting 72, Russia getting 48, but germany only gets like 64 to deal with russia’s 48 + Uk’s 60, along with more than half of US’s 72. Germany and Japan would be swiftly crushed

• You would also need to doube the size of the board to hold all the pieces. But if you get to drink twice as much then it might be worth it.

• @guest:

You would also need to doube the size of the board to hold all the pieces. But if you get to drink twice as much then it might be worth it.

You are obviously wise in the way of A&A (well, all board games, evidently). Really, register please and share more of your great wisdom :D .

• I did register as “gatorade”. When I tried posting using this name I get an error response saying someone else already has it. I think that someone else is me. I tried logging in first, but still get the same message. What am i doing wrong?

• I’m afraid i havn’t the foggiest - Yanny?

• It might be my dang computer, which is old, slow and acting kinda crazy. A lot like me I might add.

• Inky and gato …
    Use guise krill me :lol:

• I got another idee ahm gona post.

• I agree that changing the game could lead to all sorts of confusion, but there is always room for improvement. Just look at all the rules changes that have gone through A & A. One thing to try is multiply the IPC’s by 1.5, ruond up for the Axis and down for the Allies, and leave the units the same. So the IPC’s would be like this:

( I had to do this from memory, so for the players who live, breathe, and die this game gimme a break)

Russia 24 to 35
    Germany 32 to 50
    England 30 to 39
    Japan 25 to 41
    USA 36 to 53

Allies 90 to 127
    Axis 56 to 91

The gap in the IPC’s is bigger, 24 to 35, but the ratio goes down, 1.61 to 1.40. I think you might be able to play this way, but who knows without play testing.

• I vote no, no, and no to these suggestions.

• I like to add 4th no to these suggestions. Multiplying the IPCs by 1.5 without change the number of units means the Axis die 1.5 times faster, essentially. :roll:

I like to give you a break C_F but I just can’t stand bad math.
    241.5=36
    1.5=48
    301.5=45(!)
    1.5=38(rounded up)
    36*1.5=54
    Seems like you have some weird rules for rounding numbers up and down. :-?

• So now i can only drink 1.5 times as much. I prefer,“hic” doubles.

• The allies start with a combined income of 90 the Axis with 57, a 33 IPC spread in favour of the allies. Anything that increases this spread in favour of the allies hurts that axis. Since the Axis is fairly equipment rich and income poor wouldn’t it make more sense to go the other direction?

24*.75=18
    32*.75=24
    30*.75=22
    25*.75=19
    36*.75=27

Now the allies only have a 24 IPC spread. Both sides build up slower so this benefits the axis.

BB

• BB, somehow that makes sense to me. I’m sobering up already.

• When I first joined I got an error when submitting the form, so I tried again and it said my username already existed…. Guess the error was non-fatal and it still posted. I logged in and the rest is history.

BB

• BB,pretty much the same thing happened to me. I registered as gatorade, but when I use gatorade as a username I get the same error message. Ironically, sometimes when I use dubya or guest as username it will be credited to gatorade. I think it is my computer doing somethin funky. My recent solution is to call myself dubya also gatorade. Go figure.

• Bad memory maybe, but bad math, not likely. When I said round up by 1.5 I meant by individual territory. So a 1 IPC territory becomes 1.5, or 2 for Axis and 1 for Allies, which is why it would even out the game more. Granted it would be a royal pain in the a** to actually try and play this way. Recalculating your totals every time would quickly make the game unplayable.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m