"Tall Paul's" JAPANESE units, detailed & painted by the "WARMACHINE Team"

• Customizer

Fellow A&A Gamers,

––This thread will eventually contain ALL of the Japanese units that I’ve had detailed & painted by the “WARMACHINE Team”.

––So far the list contains:

JAPAN

IMPERIAL JAPANESE ARMY
    IJA Infantry
    ––Japanese (Infantry, Rifle)…Mainland scheme…Beginning at message #1
    IJA Aircraft
    ––KI-61 “Tony” (Fighter, Army)…Mainland scheme…Beginning at message #14
    ––G8N “Rita” (Bomber, Heavy)…Mainland scheme…Beginning at message #10

IJA South Seas Forces
    IJA Aircraft
    ––KI-61 “Tony” (Fighter, Army)…South Seas scheme…Beginning at message #24
    ––G-8N “Rita” (Bomber, Heavy)…South Seas scheme…Beginning at message #24

IMPERIAL JAPANESE NAVY
    IJN Aircraft
    ––B5N “Kate” (Bomber, Naval Torpedo)…Gray scheme…Beginning at message #15

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone,

----Here is a pic of the Japanese Rifle Infantry that Chad Coffman,
    a.k.a. “Allworkandnoclay” painted for me. These are painted in the “mainland” scheme. I especially like the intricate “Rising Sun” ensigns painted on their bases. I hope you enjoy them.

“Tall Paul”
    japan_inf_main.jpg

• Customizer

I like when there’s many like that together - with all the rising suns close… that must look pretty cool in-game, a wave of the rising sun on the border.  I think other players might get upset with me because I don’t think I’d want to use any chips. 8-)

• Customizer

“V”,

––Well, I not only think that painted units are ‘Cool’ 8-), but by using Infantry units that have national ensigns painted on their bases I can usually do away with the ‘control markers’ used in the game to identify ownership of the conquered countries. Although my gameboard has been enlarged 150% to 48" x 108", I think it really helps to relieve the ‘clutter’ that can easily build up if not thought out in advance.

––Banzai !

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

“V”,

––Like all of the countries in my A&A set, there will be at least one additional paint scheme for the regular Rifle Infantry units. The second Japanese paint scheme will be for the “Outer South Seas Forces”. I might have a pic of some painted in this scheme if you ever wanted to see them.

––Also, I have many ideas for multiple command arangements of theaters, task forces, etc. that I’ve been working on for quite some time. The different paint schemes, as well as other steps taken, will help segregate the forces of differing commands and make it much easier for multiple commands.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

@Tall:

“V”,

––Like all of the countries in my A&A set, there will be at least one additional paint scheme for the regular Rifle Infantry units. The second Japanese paint scheme will be for the “Outer South Seas Forces”. I might have a pic of some painted in this scheme if you ever wanted to see them.

––Also, I have many ideas for multiple command arangements of theaters, task forces, etc. that I’ve been working on for quite some time. The different paint schemes, as well as other steps taken, will help segregate the forces of differing commands and make it much easier for multiple commands.

“Tall Paul”

Dig out that pic.  :-D  I like the steps taken to differentiate commands.  So Paul, a task force… I noticed those cool markers that HBG does, but I haven’t read about any house rules concerning them.  You have a plan/rules?  I’m just kinda curious as to what a task force will consist of, it’s ‘abilities’ and what not…

• Customizer

“V”,

@Viracocha:

@Tall:

“Tall Paul”

Dig out that pic. � :-D

––Well, here’s a close-up pic that illustrates the differences between “Mainland scheme” from the “Outer South Seas Forces scheme”. � Notice the lighter colored helmets, shorts, and trousers of the more tropical friendly OSSF’s uniforms.

“Tall Paul”

japan_inf2.jpg

• Customizer

“V”,

––Here’s another one from the backside. Bonsai !

“Tall Paul”

japan_inf3.jpg

• Customizer

NICE!

“the more tropical friendly OSSF’s uniforms.” - eheheeheh, I needed that.  Yeah… we certainly don’t want them wearing Parkas… that would be like soldiers wearing shorts in the winter, errr, wait (the British minis).

• Customizer

“V”,

@Viracocha:

@Tall:

“Tall Paul”

I like the steps taken to differentiate commands. � So Paul, a task force… I noticed those cool markers that HBG does, but I haven’t read about any house rules concerning them. � You have a plan/rules? � I’m just kinda curious as to what a task force will consist of, it’s ‘abilities’ and what not… �

––Well, my thoughts on Multiple Command Arrangements have a couple of layers of depth, and can be used in two separate ways.
    ––If you don’t mind, it would take a little more time to describe them than I have at the moment, but I’ll return and share them with you.

----Here’s something you can think about though.

----Imagine a “GRAND GAME”, with many players. Enough players to have
    multiple commands/commanders for EACH nation. Each ‘command’ having different objectives, although some would be ‘shared objectives’ with your same-nation teammate(s). Identity issues would immediately become a big problem,…unless you’ve made a well thought-out plan ahead of time to differentiate the separate ‘commands’ forces. “Walaa”.
    ----There would also be ‘sub-unit’ commands’ and others.
    ----The Naval ‘commands’ would be used in conjunction with my
    “Fleet Sheets”(copywrited) and the Land Force ‘commands’ would also use something designed especially for them.

––Sorry, but I’ve got to go now in order to make an appointment,…more later.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Sounds like a serious campaign type approach with a lot of players…. cool.

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are some pics of the Imperial Japanese Army G8N “Rita” heavy bombers_mainland scheme that are “in process” and not quite complete yet. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Heavy Japan_mainland01.jpg
    Bomber, Heavy Japan_mainland02.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And a “group shot” of the IJA G8N “Rita” heavy bombers_mainland scheme. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Heavy Japan_mainland03.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Those are cool shots of your senorita’s! :-D

• Customizer

John,

@John:

Those are cool shots of your senorita’s! :-D

––Yes,…senoRITA’s,….Thanks, I’m glad you like 'em.

Tall Paul

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s a pic of the IJA Ki-61 “Tony” fighter, army_mainland scheme that’s “in process”. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Fighter, Army Japan_mainland.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are some pics of the IJN B5N “Kate” (bomber, naval torpedo) gray scheme that are still inprocess. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Navy Torpedo Japan_gray01.jpg
    Bomber, Navy Torpedo Japan_gray02.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here’s a “group” shot of the IJN B5N “Kate” (bomber, naval torpedo) gray scheme that are still in process. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Navy Torpedo Japan_gray03.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Wow these are shaping up nicely! :-D

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here’s a pic of the HBG IJN B-5N “Kate” Naval Torpedo Bombers, IJN Gray scheme with their aircraft numbers corrected to the proper squadron colors. Enjoy.

Tall Paul

Bomber, Navy Torpedo Japan_gray-04.jpg

• Great work!  These look very nice indeed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m