• Holy crap batman it’s been a long while since I have been on here.  I see a new A&A game is coming out…sweet.

Anyway, rules say major factory can be built on territory with 3 or higher under your control from the beginning of the game.  Does that mean Japan can build a major complex in Kwangsu since they control it at the beginning of the game?

Hopefully someone can answer quickly, game in progress…

Thanks all.

• TripleA

major factories can only be built on original territories. kiangsu is originally chinese.

the only major factory japan can build is in korea.

• TripleA

the only majors that can be built in the game are

germany: norway, lowlands, greater south germany, slovakia/hungary, romania
    ussr: none
    japan: korea
    usa: none
    china: none
    uk: none
    india: malaysia
    italy: south italy
    anzac: none
    france: south france

ussr, usa, china, uk and anzac can not build major factories. but do not worry allies, india and france can.

• just to nitpic, USA can build a major IC in easter, central and wester US. it is just incredably stupid since they get upgraded for free as soon as us goes to war.

and UK can build a major IC in kwangtung, but again, incredably stupid :)

• TripleA

@Kreuzfeld:

just to nitpic, USA can build a major IC in easter, central and wester US. it is just incredably stupid since they get upgraded for free as soon as us goes to war.

and UK can build a major IC in kwangtung, but again, incredably stupid :)

thanks for completing my list.

• I think Germany can build one on Holland/Belgium, too.

…but I think it makes neither sense. :)

• TripleA

@Burundai9:

I think Germany can build one on Holland/Belgium, too.

…but I think it makes neither sense. :)

yes i see where i went wrong. i typed lowlands, instead of low countries. but the game uses holland/belgium.

• Oh, sorry, i didn´t understand “lowlands”…

• '12

I believe all the replies apply to Alpha 3 and 2nd ed which is what most here play.  In 1st ed OOB Germany itself starts with a minor factory that can be upgraded.  Actually, I think in 1st ed OOB that you can build a major in ANY 3 ipc+ territory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m