The Great War 1914-1918: Clash of Empires

• Did you implement rules for the Senussi ?

I remember there was a space for them on yout egypt-tt…

• Is there a web site to buy this from yet?

• Did you implement rules for the Senussi ?

I remember there was a space for them on yout egypt-tt…

Yes we provide for them under optional rules historical game. Plus many other such items like the revolt in Ireland and some problems in Spanish morroco

• Please keep us posted. Christmas would have been a great time to pick this up! Amazing work!

• Yea i wish it would have been brought to market by 2014…

100% 2016. Better to do it right than release early and its wrong. :roll:

• Of course you’re right on that. I know others have asked but do you have a website where it can be preordered, etc yet?

• no sorry. When i know you will know

• Sponsor

Would be happy to do a complete YouTube series on this game, looking forward to it.

• ok nice, thanks

• Sponsor

@Imperious:

Yes it is a real game available at all retailers. Only not places like Target or big box retailers.

If it’s available, can you provide a link where I can purchase one.

• I will when that time comes

• Sponsor

@Imperious:

I will when that time comes

OK, I gave this project a shoutout in my latest youtube video…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRA-uCbKtNY

• ok cool.

• This Game feels like George rr Martins Book Winds of Winter to me… IL, You Must Reserve some copies of the Game for us hardcore Fans when it finally will be on sale!  :-D

• Yes sir.

No new news, but everything done but rewording manual, and new battleboard

• Sponsor

@Imperious:

Yes sir.

No new news, but everything done but rewording manual, and new battleboard

Carry on soldier, just make sure you ring that dinner bell nice and loud.

• @Young:

Carry on soldier, just make sure you ring that dinner bell nice and loud.

Or even more fittingly, given the WWI context: fire a flare pistol, blow a whistle and shout “All right lads, over the top!”

• Yea good one. As soon as i know

• I decided to begin the process of explaining the game section by section…

Lets begin with some preliminaries:

Turns:
    Each game turn constitutes four months (except the first) of real time outlined as follows:

1. August 1st - December 1914 9. May - August 1917
    2. January - April 1915 10. September - December 1917
    3. May - August 1915 11. January - April 1918
    4. September - December 1915         12. May - August 1918
    5. January - April 1916         13. September - December 1918
    6. May - August 1916 14. January - April 1919 (extended game)
    7. September - December 1916         15. May - August 1919
    8. January - April 1917

Turn order:
    Turn 1 only: Austro-Hungary, Russia, Germany,  France,  England, Ottomans.
    Turn 2 - till end of game: Russia, Central powers, Entente Powers (except Russia).

Note: the first turn denotes the order of which Historically nations began at war. The game uses my “all axis all allies move sequence” beginning on turn 2.

Note also Ottomans do not enter the war until turn 2, they can’t be attacked earlier since they are neutral and you can’t attack any neutral until its activated ( if at all, example: Norway, Spain, etc are not ever activated).

At the start of turn 1, Austro-Hungary declares war with Serbia/Montenegro/Russia and is only at war with them currently. On the Russian turn Russia declares war on Austria-Hungary, Germany and the Ottomans. On the German turn Germany declares war on Belgium and the Entente. On the French turn France declares war on the Central Powers.  On the British turn Britain declares war on the Central Powers and finally the Ottomans declare war on the Entente.

On turn 1 only, no Naval Invasions can be made anywhere nor can you move into an allied territory.

Note the player order for each turn.  Each nation must perform their turn individually on turn one.  On later turns, Russia always moves first and separate from the other Entente allies.  The Central Powers and allies may move simultaneously when it is their side’s turn.

Section 6) Sequence of Play
    (Pre-turn) Performed before player’s/side’s turns:

1. Check for new alliances – if a nation is to enter the game, or receive troops, and sets up their forces now.
    2. Technology advancement – check to see the advances in technology for each country.
    3. Check for special events <optional rule=“”>– see if a historical event takes place:

(Player’s/side’s turn) Each player/side does the following:
    4. Income Collection
    5. Unit purchase – purchase for self and any controlled minor allies.
    6. Repair - Dreadnoughts, Zeppelins, fortresses.
    7. Combat moves – sub detection, fighter interception and pass-through fire may be done by opposing side during this phase.
    8. Combat – a) naval combat b), naval invasions c) bombardments d) land combat, e) strategic bombing, f) sweeps for mines.
    9. Non-combat movement – aircraft return to base, railroads may be used, infantry entrench, naval sea mines and pass-through fire may be done by the opposing side during this phase.
    10. Unit placement

In this game, you count only the income of what you start with and you can only build infantry to 75% of IPC and lastly, you can’t save.

This is a big deal than your used to, manpower is in shortage and now you are forced to buy other units to wage war. you can’t save because you would be able to glitch the game by saving and buying a net gain in infantry the following turn ( 75% of a larger number means more infantry e.g. glitching)

You place at the end of your turn. Factories place both non infantry AND infantry equal to the printed IPC value. You may also place infantry in any originally controlled territory limited to the IPC value. In captured areas, you may place at half rounded down ( usually 1) and no mech units ( even in captured factories).

Ok the Historical events are pretty straight forward, note the special events automatically occur on specific turns ( more on this latter)

T4 Senussi Rebellion
    T5 Easter Rising
    T6 Arab Revolt
    T9 French Mutiny
    T10 Russian Revolution
    T13 German Naval Mutiny

You can probably figure out some of these and why they are important to add Historical flavor. ( i will explain some of these latter).

Here is the set up ( sorry i no longer use Mediafire since Dropbox is more convenient and safe) Everyone should have a Dropbox account.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xmzg7zsmvhjlmuu/AAAH_S1yPBkht1H9r_7TdoOKa?dl=0

The colors of the pieces are not final in some cases, Ottomans, Italians, USA ( not pictured they arrive latter), and Russians are going to be different. The map is not final, rather this is just an early working print to playtest. Cities are not in the right place and some territory names are different.

More tomorrow…</optional>

• Sponsor

Great stuff, glad to hear it’s starting to trickle out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m