The Great War 1914-1918: Clash of Empires

• Rail movement should not be allowed in Africa or through Persia. These countries had single lines from the coast to the inland capital, but not between colonies.
    The UK planned a line from Cairo to the Cape, but this was never completed.

The map barely even has but a sliver of land for Africa. The effect is negligible in playtest. No one nation really goes after worthless areas so they can move along the coast. Besides, these are 3+ month turns. By basic roads the distance could be traveled.

The third problem is The Ottomans get marginalized, due to playtest results ( we thought of everything).

I assume you can never rail into enemy controlled tt; it doesn’t state this specifically.

It does indeed state this

These moves are valid if:
    1)  You can trace the movement through a continuous line of controlled territories.
    2)  The movement does not cross any sea barriers that are not controlled (such as the English Channel, or a blocked Dardanelles strait).
    3)  The movement is not into a contested area.
    4)  The line is not traced through Russia (unless you are Russia).
    5)  The territory is not newly captured (exception: Belgium).

Why is Belgium an exception?

You will see when you play a game first as to why.

• Will the game feature the Schlieffenplan?

I mean is it possible for GER to take Paris Round 1 ?

• Will the game feature the Schlieffenplan?

I mean is it possible for GER to take Paris Round 1 ?

yes and yes.

General moves and special moves:

Germany’s Schleiffen Plan:
    If Germany invades Belgium on turn one, the forces that capture the territory get an immediate second impulse to move and/or attack.  Note: this is the only time during the game in which air units can land in the newly-captured (Belgian) territory.

This bonus move is done immediately before non combat movement, and the new captured territory may function as a production center or as a rail hub.

Units which do not take their bonus move may entrench instead or make a non-combat move to an adjacent territory.  Rail may be used.  Aircraft may remain in Belgium

If the attack on Belgium is not done then this advantage is forever lost.  Furthermore, any attack on Belgium will cost a diplomatic penalty (see attacking a minor power).

• Sounds nice.

I found some errors or strange tt-names like Kosovo for Serbia/Belgrad or Moscow as Capital for Russia.

Can you say something about Spain? Seems that its not white-neutral like Switzerland. Can one alliance
    bring Spain on its side (with money?) ?

• '14

Has a photo of the map been posted? Not sure if I missed it; I’ve seen the photos of the unit sculpts.

• @protevangelium:

Has a photo of the map been posted? Not sure if I missed it; I’ve seen the photos of the unit sculpts.

Yes IL posted an image on page 3 in this thread.

• '14

@Chacmool:

@protevangelium:

Yes IL posted an image on page 3 in this thread.

Thanks. I’ll check it ou.

• Can you say something about Spain? Seems that its not white-neutral like Switzerland. Can one alliance
    bring Spain on its side (with money?) ?

Spain will be in optional rules as a new player and activated under conditions. We did this due to the “Canada” effect that some people will cry about a nation represented on the board is not a separate playable entity.

• @Imperious:

I want the 8/1 release date, while the producer wants earlier.

Ottoman infantry question will need to wait till i call them for update

Earlier than 8/1 release date means within the next 2 months…  8-)

Did you call the producers for update (Ottomans) ?

• Doing that today.

• '14

Is there a place to place a pre-order?

• @Imperious:

Doing that today.

Did they pick up the phone ?

• Ok the producer just got back from China…

He will forward sculpt shots of some of the other infantry. He said all the naval came out perfect, but some of the air units were not done correctly by this Chinese firm.

The game is looking at a Christmas release, not August 1st

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Imperious:

Ok the producer just got back from China…

He will forward sculpt shots of some of the other infantry. He said all the naval came out perfect, but some of the air units were not done correctly by this Chinese firm.

Thanks for the info IL. It is too bad on the release date, but better to fix it and get a better product out the first time, than to release it when it is not done properly. :-)

Thanks again,

John

• @Imperious:

Well at least thats enough time to produce some ottoman Infantry sculpts…

I would like to know something about the modified map. Some tts didn´t have right names if I remember it correctly. For example there was an italian “Isonzo” tt but the Isonzo was a river in AH at that time.

• It was also a major area of conflict between Italy and Austria. It must be represented and in the game it changes hands many times.

• '14

Thanks for the updates.

• @Imperious:

It was also a major area of conflict between Italy and Austria. It must be represented and in the game it changes hands many times.

Of course it was the major area in the conflict between both powers.

But the Italians attacked the Austrians, they were the invaders so Isonzo should be the Austrian tt…

I would name the Italian tt Udine, wich was captured after the Battle of Karfreit.

• On the map we wanted to represent the Isonzo area ( we prefer to call some areas a name that will lend itself to the battles that were fought) the other two areas Carniola and Carinthia are farther away from the Isonzo area, second that Isonzo is a very small area and we need to consider space to fight in Historical areas. That area indicated on the map could be called something else, but readers of the various battles will learn where all those battles were fought in general ( even if it’s on the Aus Hun side). The territories are drawn in a deliberate manner and the fort system is key to Italy having a decent chance to defend. When you play all this will become clear.

• Customizer

If it (the Isonzo that is) ain’t in Italy it ain’t in Italy.

Wars have started over less.

If we could have a pic of the map (not a link) I could sort these problems very easily.

But pleased you’re taking the time to get it right.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m