• This is the arrogant crap that I am talking about. You act as though you are the moderator of reasonability and the grand overlord (or imperious leader? hmm) of what is possible in reality for the game, where all you really do is indirectly or directly belittle opinions that differ from yours and insist innocence in cases where you have none.

I act?  Perhaps the most amusing thing is once your argument gets shit down, you simply make up new points to keep the gibberish going. You don’t respond to anything. I find that entertaining.

You are even so self-absorbed as to think that my account was created for you. I realize you want to be the god of this site, but don’t flatter yourself. It’s clear you WANT accounts created for you, so start your own site of yes-men.

Well your record speaks for itself: 95% of your posts are rebuttals to me. You in effect contributed nothing but hyjacks of multiple threads with nonsense.

If you are going to start speaking as though you know how things MUST be and what CAN and CANNOT happen in the game, I will continue to argue against such arrogance. Posts like that have no place in what is supposed to be a community of discussion rather than arrogant dictation.

Thats where it is more of your problem. Inference of faulty meanings is your cash cow. I suggest you just simply never quote me because i seem to effect you too much.

I’ve made my point, and in my conclusion to this line of posting (at least until you start telling people how it supposedly IS in other matters of opinion in another thread.), I recommend you get over yourself.

The only point you made was validation that you love trolling. Now buzz off.

• '16

Seeing the map itself, it shows that these “minor powers” are controlled by the major powers.
    From what I can tell…
    Portugal - France (I wonder why France instead of Britain…)
    Belgium - France
    Serbia - Russia
    Romania - Russia
    Albania? - Italy (???)
    Bulgaria - (Well, I can’t tell, tbh)

I have noticed that the mother countries have both their flag and the controlling major power flag, while their colonies only sport their flag. For example, Portugal has both its own roundel and France’s roundel next to it, while Portugal’s colonies only have Portugal’s roundel.
    So its possible that minor powers have their own economy, but their troops are controlled by the major power. It seems to make the most sense to me just from looking at the map.

• @ch0senfktard:

Seeing the map itself, it shows that these “minor powers” are controlled by the major powers.
    From what I can tell…
    Portugal - France (I wonder why France instead of Britain…)
    Belgium - France
    Serbia - Russia
    Romania - Russia
    Albania? - Italy (???)
    Bulgaria - (Well, I can’t tell, tbh)

I have noticed that the mother countries have both their flag and the controlling major power flag, while their colonies only sport their flag. For example, Portugal has both its own roundel and France’s roundel next to it, while Portugal’s colonies only have Portugal’s roundel.
    So its possible that minor powers have their own economy, but their troops are controlled by the major power. It seems to make the most sense to me just from looking at the map.

Yeah, in TripleA’s The Great War, Portugal was under British control. Perhaps it was because the designer wanted to split up more of africa among the allies so Germany would have a little more chance in that it wouldn’t be facing one united attacker?

• '16

@vonLettowVorbeck1914:

Yeah, in TripleA’s The Great War, Portugal was under British control. Perhaps it was because the designer wanted to split up more of africa among the allies so Germany would have a little more chance in that it wouldn’t be facing one united attacker?

Good point, that makes a lot of sense. There would be too much British control of Africa if Portugal was controlled by Britain.

I’ve noticed that Greece seems to be colored like the strict neutrals, even though it did join the war (although very late.)
    It also has its own flag, no other major power’s flag alongside it. I guess this is implying that it will not join the war in the game.
    Although, the neutrals seem to have production values. So perhaps we can violate the neutrality of strict neutrals in this game?

• @ch0senfktard:

@vonLettowVorbeck1914:

Good point, that makes a lot of sense. There would be too much British control of Africa if Portugal was controlled by Britain.

I’ve noticed that Greece seems to be colored like the strict neutrals, even though it did join the war (although very late.)
    It also has its own flag, no other major power’s flag alongside it. I guess this is implying that it will not join the war in the game.
    Although, the neutrals seem to have production values. So perhaps we can violate the neutrality of strict neutrals in this game?

My fingers are steepling like Mr Burns’ already.

• Customizer

Bulgaria looks like Turkish control

Arabia is British

Albania is difficult to place, as it seems to be in a state of anarchy in 1914, but giving it to Italy seems to be jumping the gun somewhat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_albania#Internal_revolts_and_foreign_occupation_during_World_War_I

You’re probably correct in the assessment of Belgium & Portugal falling into the French sphere for African balance. Portuguesers fought under British command and wore British uniforms, though strangely in French blue.

http://www.hat.com/Othr7/Nuno32P.html

Romania is a country that could have joined either side: they wanted Bessarabia from Russia, so I would question Russian control.

Greece is difficult in that its pro-British premier invited the allies in, but was then sacked by the pro-German king. The Allies ended up with a large garrison in Salonika despite Greece being technically neutral.

Germany did a lot of trade with adjacent neutrals, especially the Netherlands and Sweden, so maybe Germany gets a certain ammount of IPCs from these without having to invade.  The Allies should not be permitted to invade neutrals, unless you include Persia which was a Russo-British “protectorate” at the time.

• @Flashman:

Germany did a lot of trade with adjacent neutrals, especially the Netherlands and Sweden, so maybe Germany gets a certain ammount of IPCs from these without having to invade.Â

That will be interesting. It seems like a Norway-Denmark NO-type rule would be good, except supposedly the game was said not to be complex enough for NO’s. Maybe to avoid confusion one of the German seaside territories will have a larger than expected income. I’m not sure if the Unrestricted Submarine Warfare phase will be for more than just Germany, but if it were, then the allies could take out the “convoy” between Scandinavia and Germany.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m