HBG's Amerika Game ON KICKSTARTER NOW - FUNDED!

• Variable,

Any naval units in this game?  Looks like a perfect game to show case a German Z Plan fleet and Allied CVs Midway, Malta, Battleships Montana and Vanguard and IJN A-140 and A-150 Battleships.

WARRIOR888

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@WARRIOR888:

Variable,

Any naval units in this game?  Looks like a perfect game to show case a German Z Plan fleet and Allied CVs Midway, Malta, Battleships Montana and Vanguard and IJN A-140 and A-150 Battleships.

WARRIOR888

Not in the basic game. However, we have expansion set concepts and, once it hits Kick Starter, who knows… money talks.  :evil:

• Variable,

Any idea when it will go to Kick Starter?

WARRIOR888

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@WARRIOR888:

Variable,

Any idea when it will go to Kick Starter?

WARRIOR888

2 weeks before Gencon, around August 1

Just released the list of Japanese pieces for your consideration…  :-D :-D :-D This is such a cool list.  :evil:

• I noticed that today.  Another round of excellent choices!

• Customizer

Couple questions to Variable and Coach If you can answer them without divulging too much info:

1. Will the Allies have a comparable set of units? In other words will it be like; Germany and Japan have bombers, tanks, etc., will the Allies have the same type of units as well?

2. Is production of Amerika entirely dependent on Kickstarter for funding? Or is Kickstarter just to get the project on the shelf more rapidly?

I’m anticipating the success of this game a lot. I know that it takes a tremendous work to produce a game, I’m just wondering if this game is pretty much ready to hit the shelf.

@toblerone77:

1. Will the Allies have a comparable set of units? In other words will it be like; Germany and Japan have bombers, tanks, etc., will the Allies have the same type of units as well?

The Allied list will be announced before the end of the week!

@toblerone77:

2. Is production of Amerika entirely dependent on Kickstarter for funding? Or is Kickstarter just to get the project on the shelf more rapidly?

Since I try my best not to speak in absolutes… AS OF NOW, we must depend on the Kickstarter campaign to fund the game. The initial cost behind producing a boxed game is huge. That said, Coach seems determined to do what it takes to see this project through. We will of course need YOUR HELP to make it happen. Nothing will be produced in it’s final form until we know the Kickstarter is going through. However, all the 3D molds, maps, rules, etc will be done so we can show it off at GenCon etc.

• Count me in for at least one copy.  Small game publishers should always be supported.

@Variable:

@toblerone77:

The Allied list will be announced before the end of the week!

@toblerone77:

Since I try my best not to speak in absolutes… AS OF NOW, we must depend on the Kickstarter campaign to fund the game. The initial cost behind producing a boxed game is huge. That said, Coach seems determined to do what it takes to see this project through. We will of course need YOUR HELP to make it happen. Nothing will be produced in it’s final form until we know the Kickstarter is going through. However, all the 3D molds, maps, rules, etc will be done so we can show it off at GenCon etc.

All the 3D Models will be completed, NOT the molds.

• Customizer

Forgive my ignorance, but I am unfamiliar with this “Kick Starter”. I understand that it’s obviously a way to help fund the development of “Amerika”. Is it just another way of saying “Pre-order”?

@knp7765:

Forgive my ignorance, but I am unfamiliar with this “Kick Starter”. I understand that it’s obviously a way to help fund the development of “Amerika”. Is it just another way of saying “Pre-order”?

kickstarter.com

• Customizer

Thanks for letting me know this. I will look for your spot there in August.

Just posted another great round of updates!

First, the Allied pieces have been announced. Enjoy! Second, we decided the 20" X 30" map was a bit small, and will LIKELY (can’t say definite yet) be upgrading it to a 24" X 36".

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Amerika-Boxed-Game_p_1353.html

Finally, be sure to have a look at the game’s BGG page. Updates and other info will be posted there. Help us spread the word early so we have a successful KickStarter campaign!

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/144253/amerika

• Excellent sculpt choices all the way through.

• ITS BEEN A LOOOOONNNGG ass time since I’ve been on here, just want to say Glad to be back. this game looks interesting to say the least.  does anyone have a map, rule, or any further information?

• Coach,

Awesome lineup of units. E-100 and T-29 Heavy Tanks now that will be a fight for sure!
    I will be supporting this on Kick starter.
    I hope this is a highly successful game and your sales of it skyrocket!

WARRIOR888 :-D :-D

• WOW!!  This looks absolutely fantastic!

I’ll be a backer and buy several copies of this alternate history game!  This is right in my wheelhouse!

Best of luck!

• Customizer

I am curious about the T-29 Heavy tank. The way I understand it, the Allied forces in this game will be mostly American with some British. Usually, the “T-##” is a designation for Soviet style tanks. American tanks are designated “M-#”.
    I will admit that I am not as familiar with British designations for tanks. I have only heard them called by name (Churchill, Matilda, Centurion, etc.). Is the T-29 a British designation? Or is there a small Soviet research team in the US helping out since in this time line the Soviet Union has already fallen.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m