• Rules question here.  Russia is about to get taken over by germany in my current game.  I will be flying a UK airplane into russia to stop a couple bonuses for russia since germany will be getting all the money anyway.  The question is…. If my UK airplane is in a russian territory when russia is taken over, will those IPC’s go to the uk or do you have to have ground troops take them over.  I know that planes can’t land on territory that is not friendly or territory taken over in that turn but this rule will determine where I land that plane.

• @elevenjerk:

Rules question here.  Russia is about to get taken over by germany in my current game.  I will be flying a UK airplane into russia to stop a couple bonuses for russia since germany will be getting all the money anyway.  The question is…. If my UK airplane is in a russian territory when russia is taken over, will those IPC’s go to the uk or do you have to have ground troops take them over.  I know that planes can’t land on territory that is not friendly or territory taken over in that turn but this rule will determine where I land that plane.

You have to land the UK plane on a friendly Russian (or allied) territory. The UK can only claim Russian territories if they are taking them away from the axis (Germany), after Moscow falls, and they would need to take them with ground troops. The UK can’t claim the Russian territories if they remain Russian.

• Thats what I thought but I lose to the same guy all the time so just trying to find some way to sneak one past him.  Not that it will change the outcome in any way. thanks again!

• Just a suggestion, if you plan ahead a little you can generally get 6-10 allied fighters to Moscow before he attacks it (takes a couple turns). UK fighters from Scotland (airbase) can get to the Russian north, then on to Moscow. You can also funnel up allied fighters (and ground troops) through the Middle East from Egypt or India, then to Moscow. Many times you can fly in to defend Moscow just to stall the Germans for a turn or two (gives western allies time to make their move). After that it is up to you if the air power stays til the bitter end, or fly’s out.

• Fighters intercept SBR bombers too.

• I ended up having 9 tanks in the middle east ready to help if calcutta got taken over… when that was stopped ( by crazy dice) I was able to move those 9 tanks with 4-5 ground troops into Caucasus.  Germany takes Russia with no real shot at moving on to the south and UK Europe is collecting 52.  I finally won but it was mostly because I was at least 50% on my 2’s through most of the game.  A win is a win for me:)  3 out of about 15.

• Oh yea, the old battle of who rolls better 2’s  :-P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m