• While I love history and enjoy reading different takes/accounts, I just finished Killing Lincoln by Bill O’Reilly and Dugard and was wondering if any Civil War buffs have read this and attested to the accuracy of a lot of the writings.  I found the final days of the chase of Lee by Grant a good lead into the final days of Lincoln, but was hoping someone could attest more to the accuracy (other than me scouring through wiki hoping for accuracy there)?  I’m waiting to read Killing Kennedy, but the library here in Japan hasn’t gotten it yet.

And I’m sure the Brits will love this, but got to tour the Japanese BB, Mikasa, built in the UK.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Mikasa  They also paid tribute to the USS Constitution and HMS Victory with models belowdecks.  Never knew the Victory was still around… next time in England will have to make my way down to Plymouth.

• Hi Mallery. I am afraid I have not read that book. Doesn’t sound like my thing.
    Victory definitely worth a visit. Is in Portsmouth, about 90mins from central London.
    Have never seen a Battleship and that one sounds interesting. Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m