After first 3 rds (w/pics) *I'm Allies and Bro/Uncle are axis… HELP NEEDED

• Germany: took over western Europe (france) within the first two turns and landed 5/6 transports in Scotland on turn 3. I hate that because that doesn’t allow Russia to enter war when they only take over Germany.

Russia: I purchased mostly men every turn and a couple artillery and just kept building up my defense. I also started moving 6 men and the 2AA from Eastern Russia back towards Moscow

Japan: He moved just about every sea unit of his down to zone 36 or Borneo, and he used all of his fighters to take out the 2nd nothern most part of the trail and also moved his men from Manchuria into China’s territories

UKE: I purchased 1 AA a couple mech inf and all men and started building up in Calcutta
    UKP: All men in UK, and I attacked Italy sea units in 96&97 (Was told to take out as much as possible) but this did not work,  Germany flew in a plane to southern Italy which was then scrambled along with two other Italy fighter in the sea zone 97 battle.

Italy: My brother then proceeded to take Alexandria and Egypt within the first couple rounds after I lost sea zone battle 97 on UK1. Pretty much all of Africa is about to be his. He also moved into Southern “New Europe” taking Greece and then onto Syria.

US: I followed a tip and purchased two Aircraft Carriers and 1 BB US1, and then another Battleship, a sub, destroyer…Just bought ships and started shipping towards S.E. Asia where Japans Fleet is waiting for war.

photo_1[1].JPG
    photo_2[1].JPG

• More Pics

photo_3[1].JPG
    photo_4[1].JPG

• last One

photo_5[1].JPG

• Did you buy any mechs/tanks as russia yet?  the rule of thumb is that the more naval germany buys or the more it looks like he will sealion, the more tanks/mechs you should get.  How much did you send to 97?  if germany did land a fighter there, then you should have all of 98(not transport) malta fig, and 2 fig & bomber from london(1 les fig if germany does not land there).  The only way you would of lost 976 is either bad dice, or you did not have enough.

My advice would be to try to keep the anzac/us fleets together and have the anzac planes either fly to india (if somehow possible) or to land on an airbase to scramble for the combined fleet.

• Calcutta seems safe for now according to the pics.  So i advise the US to spend a good amout more in the atlantic.  Remember, surface ships can block a transport from picking up units from a coastal territory if they did not start in that seazone.  basically, if u had at least a dd in 110, and italy could not kill it, u prevent germany from bringing the holland guys to uk.  I would say try to hold london if at all possible, else try to counter his fleet.  If you cant do that, give the US time to build up and take it back later.  Russia should be on the german border right now and rdy to move in the middle east towards iraq.

• @ghr2:

Did you buy any mechs/tanks as russia yet?  the rule of thumb is that the more naval germany buys or the more it looks like he will sealion, the more tanks/mechs you should get.  How much did you send to 97?  if germany did land a fighter there, then you should have all of 98(not transport) malta fig, and 2 fig & bomber from london(1 les fig if germany does not land there).  The only way you would of lost 976 is either bad dice, or you did not have enough.

My advice would be to try to keep the anzac/us fleets together and have the anzac planes either fly to india (if somehow possible) or to land on an airbase to scramble for the combined fleet.

I attached 96 as well, that might of been my downfall. Should I only go for 97 UK1?
    Oh, so if Germany goes Sea Lion from G1, Russia should buy mech and tanks?

• @ghr2:

Calcutta seems safe for now according to the pics.  So i advise the US to spend a good amout more in the atlantic.  Remember, surface ships can block a transport from picking up units from a coastal territory if they did not start in that seazone.  basically, if u had at least a dd in 110, and italy could not kill it, u prevent germany from bringing the holland guys to uk.  I would say try to hold london if at all possible, else try to counter his fleet.  If you cant do that, give the US time to build up and take it back later.  Russia should be on the german border right now and rdy to move in the middle east towards iraq.

1. Couldn’t German planes just take out the Destroyer?

2. You mean on the frontlines ready to move into Germany? And why move to Iraq?

• Russia gets a 3NO bonus for any Axis friendly or Axis territory. Iraq is the closest to you, but there are lots more after that. You will need the revenue to survive .Russia  can lose the North, but must not lose the South.
    You must also fight for all your territories. You cannot let the Axis march into any empty ones.

• @osu888:

@ghr2:

Did you buy any mechs/tanks as russia yet?� the rule of thumb is that the more naval germany buys or the more it looks like he will sealion, the more tanks/mechs you should get.� How much did you send to 97?� if germany did land a fighter there, then you should have all of 98(not transport) malta fig, and 2 fig & bomber from london(1 les fig if germany does not land there).� The only way you would of lost 976 is either bad dice, or you did not have enough.

Ya, you need to start taking germany territories asap.  Tanks and mechs are great when your on the offense.  When you attack 97, also send the 91 cruiser and the gibralter fig to 96.
    I attached 96 as well, that might of been my downfall. Should I only go for 97 UK1?
    Oh, so if Germany goes Sea Lion from G1, Russia should buy mech and tanks?

• Cannot see what US navy you have off Gib(I am blind and using a phone), but you must cut Italy down to size. The Axis need a strong Italy to win in Europe and you have to prevent this happening. I would make that your US priority, with Russian help through Iraq.
    Good luck.

• @wittmann:

Russia gets a 3NO bonus for any Axis friendly or Axis territory. Iraq is the closest to you, but there are lots more after that. You will need the revenue to survive .Russia  can lose the North, but must not lose the South.
    You must also fight for all your territories. You cannot let the Axis march into any empty ones.

I just landed 3 Transports with 2 Destroyers with them in N.A.

Oh ok, thank you for the suggestion for Russia going to Iraq

• @osu888:

@ghr2:

Calcutta seems safe for now according to the pics.  So i advise the US to spend a good amout more in the atlantic.  Remember, surface ships can block a transport from picking up units from a coastal territory if they did not start in that seazone.  basically, if u had at least a dd in 110, and italy could not kill it, u prevent germany from bringing the holland guys to uk.  I would say try to hold london if at all possible, else try to counter his fleet.  If you cant do that, give the US time to build up and take it back later.  Russia should be on the german border right now and rdy to move in the middle east towards iraq.

Yes I do mean frontlines, german planes cant kill it before their turn unless it was with a naval battle or amph assault.  Basically, this prevents germany from pickign up the holland guys since all his trannys were in 111.

• @osu888:

@wittmann:

Russia gets a 3NO bonus for any Axis friendly or Axis territory. Iraq is the closest to you, but there are lots more after that. You will need the revenue to survive .Russia  can lose the North, but must not lose the South.

I just landed 3 Transports with 2 Destroyers with them in N.A.

Oh ok, thank you for the suggestion for Russia going to Iraq

You might need more navy to protects those trannys, 2 dds are hardly enough to survive the axis airpower.

• @ghr2:

@osu888:

@ghr2:

Yes I do mean frontlines, german planes cant kill it before their turn unless it was with a naval battle or amph assault.  Basically, this prevents germany from pickign up the holland guys since all his trannys were in 111.

damn, well germany is first so I prolly missed the boat on moving Russia to frontlines…That Major Industrial he built next to russia is gonnna kill me

• Better start speaking german.

• haha thannks

• @osu888:

@ghr2:

@osu888:

@ghr2:

damn, well germany is first so I prolly missed the boat on moving Russia to frontlines…That Major Industrial he built next to russia is gonnna kill me

You might be able to super stack epl, and smash it, dont know forsure, I wish we could of given u advice a lot earlier

• Well there will be plent of more games to come. We’ve probably put over 30-40 hours into AA the last month (most on 1942)…it’s just 3 of us and we love it. We really wish we could find another person

• Have you tried looking in the “find players” here or put your location in the “Master find players”?
    I only ever play with one player and only 2 games every 2 months.
    I remember 5 player games at university or having so many who wanted to play that 2 or 3 sat and watched 5 others play!

• Maybe you could supply us with some more “global” overview. The allies have to coordinate their efforts not just local, but global.

Now some Questions:
    1. How many japanese grounforces are within the Chinese borders? Is the Chines fighter sitll alive?
    2. Whats the bodycount of USSR pices, able to move to Easten Poland?

Some suggestions you might think about:
    -Setup the USSR Forces fot a push into the German countries. Currently, it seems Germany is not in the position to defeat the Russian Stack.
    -Destroy as many Japanese Groundforces as possible with China! Are the Japanese planes staged with the 2 Inf. in Shan state or are they located in Siam? If the ground forces are not supported by the Planes, kill em with planes and mobile inf. Without groundforces they cant take any terretory. Cut the supply of further ground forces if possible.

I think it doesn’t look to bad at the moment. Japan is not in a very good position. Italy semms to be fine, but Germany has not tooo many ground forces left in europe. If you manage to hold London, or can take it back without loosing it immeadietly you can make it.

good luck

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m