Playing with paratroppers.

• Customizer

IL,

@Imperious:

AS for nations not having the notion of air transport, you might look at a number of rules that allow all nations the same ability though they never had this ability…
    ––Such as Anzac allowed to buy battleships.
    and remember it is a game
    ––Yes, a Game.
    , and giving options for players is part of the fun factor.
    ––Options are FUN.

“Tall Paul”

• Id rather have player options than strict Historical accuracy. And usually, im the one who forwards the more Historical based rules.

You can’t go wrong with the rules i posted, except perhaps you might try 3 attack in first round only, rather than 2.

• Customizer

IL,

I bow to your keen insight & vast knowledge about A&A gaming. I still have slightly differing preferences than you concerning Paratroopers & Air Transports, but it’s in the details only.
    Thanks for your input.
    I can’t wait until I have 'Troopers painted for all nations(except China, of course). ––“Geronimo”

“Tall Paul”

usairforce1.jpg

• @oztea:

To be realistic, the piece would have to look like this.

Move - 6, Attack - 0, Defense - 0, Cost - 9
    Special Rules:
    Transport - Air transports can carry two infantry, which act as paratroopers during combat, or may exit in friendly territory during non-combat.

With this rule, air transportation will be cheaper than using ships, and that is in fact blatant ahistorical.

I think Air Transport Plane should cost 15 IPC and carry one infantry. Then this unit will see normal action for WWII, and not turn the game into a 1973 Cold War simulation.

• Customizer

Razor,

@Imperious:

Of course with HBG, we got the transport plane for USA and a few others**(Italy & now Germany)**.
    If using a dedicated unit, 0-0-6-12 and treated as naval transport ( cant be used to take hits-no fodder).

––These are the A/D/C/M rules I prefer.
    ––Along with paradropping ONE Paratrooper.
    ––or n/c air transporting TWO regular Infantry.
    ––Both would require STARTING their turns at an AirBase.
    ––What do you think about these?

“Tall Paul”

• Can paratroopers be used in 1942 2nd edition? If so, what rules would you suggest?

• This is how I use paratroops in 1942

Just use a bomber (instead of a bombing raid or attack it can carry two paratroopers)
    The paratroopers must be dropped off at the first enemy territory.
    The bomber and the paratroopers must start in the same terrirtory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m