• Why is there 2 Union Jack Roundels with the europe game and none with pacific?
    Cant figure out what they are for

• They’re for the Global game to track the India income on the IPC chart.

• I ordered more of them from HBG. I believe they should have gave you at least five of them. Just in case they take the Dutch east indies.

• @GoSanchez6:

I ordered more of them from HBG. I believe they should have gave you at least five of them. Just in case they take the Dutch east indies.

you can use the other ones for the dutch east indies

• Yeah right, because that is not confusing, in the heat of a match, all stuff to keep track on, like 100 NO’s etc you also have to sort out what UK tokens are for who UK player ?
    So hard to print out Union Jack sympols for all Indian purposes.

• @Razor:

Yeah right, because that is not confusing, in the heat of a match, all stuff to keep track on, like 100 NO’s etc you also have to sort out what UK tokens are for who UK player ?

Uhhh….  if the UK symbols are on the Pacific board, they’re Pacific UK.  If they’re on the Europe board, they’re Euro UK.  I don’t see why this is confusing.  There’s no difference between UK and Pacific units, and there’s no difference between who captured it - it’s all UK.  But if it’s Pacific board, it’s India.  it’s not like you need a different roundel to figure out who it belongs to.  It’s determined by the board.

• Customizer

I bought extra Union Jack roundels from HBG and whenever I play Global, I use them on all the Indian/UK Pacific territories. Yeah, I know one board’s territories goes to one economy and the other board goes to the other economy, but I still find it a little confusing when they use the same roundel.

Here’s a question: Suppose Japan has taken India and all UK Pacific territories. Then some UK troops from the Europe side manage to make it all the way over to the Pacific and take one of the territories back from Japan, but NOT India itself yet. Does the IPCs from that territory, say Malaya for example, go to the UK Europe economy until India is liberated?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

No IPC’s are collected for British Territories on the Pacific Board whilst India is Occupied.

NONE!

• Try making coctails for you and your buddies then drinking them and play the game. The extra roundels for UK pacific should have been included. Makes it a lot easier to keep track of the IPC’s for Indias economy.

• @GoSanchez6:

Try making coctails for you and your buddies then drinking them and play the game. The extra roundels for UK pacific should have been included. Makes it a lot easier to keep track of the IPC’s for Indias economy.

Oh, that’s why people have had a hard time, they were actually drinking while playing.  Honestly, there are plenty of the normal roundels, you don’t need more of the Union Jack ones unless you like the look of them better.  Counting UK Pac’s income vs UK Europe is one of the easiest things to do in the game since they collect from very few terr on the pac.

• Or you can modify the roundels with a pencil

• I just reread this and I think I see the problem…@Razor:

Yeah right, because that is not confusing, in the heat of a match, all stuff to keep track on, like 100 NO’s etc you also have to sort out what UK tokens are for who UK player ?

^emphasis mine

Are you playing this game with TWO people playing the UK?!?

• It is a separate economy and it should be treated as such. That is why they should have given you more roundels. They already made a Uk symbol why couldn’t they just print 3-5 more. Real tough. When I play this game it is my game. My friends don’t know the rules as well as I do. With all the different versions they get confused some time. The UK roundel is just another way of making it simpler for them and for me as I usually keep track of the money. Not to mention the Long Island Ice teas,Mojitos and Jack and Cokes that are being consumed while during play. I personally think the map should have been updated as well with the Union jackon the pacific side once again to make it easier to add the money. Who the hell I am though I have only been playing this game for 25 years. I guess they didn’t think to ask people what they thought. If they would have maybe we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I guess I will have to wait for 3rd edition to get some simple fixes.

• I dont think wizards would give a flying flip about the roundels unless there has been significant complaints.

• Lets try and complain
    We want more roundels (and the 1 French fighter that is missing from my Europe game)

• Why different roundels? There the same power, that would be like having different roundels for the U.S. in the Atlantic and in the Pacific. Just think of the money as all going to London, but they are budgeting in so much for the pacific. I think that’s how it was intenteded to be.

• Not exactly the same
    Ex: If US raise an inf division in the USA they are all US men
    But the inf div raised in India is composed of Indian men

I don’t think the tax in India were sent to London then sent back to India to pay for material (was India a dominion like Canada, NZ and Australia?)

I think they should both have different roundels

• An inf built in India is still a U.K. infantry not indian

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m