• I’d like to get the info on the new National Objectives in the Europe '40.2, Pacific '40.2, and Global '40.2 from those of you that have the game.
    Does the USSR get thier two Novosibirsk infantry per turn when at war in Europe '40.2?

Thanks in advance.

• i would also like to know this, so I’m bumping it.

• Sponsor

Some are saying that nothing has changed from Alpha+3.9

• @Young:

That is my understanding of Krieghund’s confirmation, too:
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149&start=3176

• What a let down

• The ‘key selling points’ of each game on the AandA.org site dont menition any rule changes etc. So maybe no change……

• TripleA

If russia gets an NO nerfed… hopefully they add an NO to russia and possibly change the berlin NO.

I want the first NO to be split into two seperate NOs for 5. Since trade benefits both parties, why not give russia an NO for not being at war as well? I don’t see a problem with it.

• As with the original versions, Global National Objectives did not match individual theaters, and the entirety of the Alpha process was balancing Global (after the original effort to correct balance by setup changes for Pacific alone).  It’s quite possible there are additional objectives that we’ve not yet seen - they’re probably only for the theater games though.

• @P@nther:

@Young:

That is my understanding of Krieghund’s confirmation, too:
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149&start=3176

But he confirmed that NO for 0 IPC Italian territories was edited.  That’s a change.  I hope there are more….

dJensen is sending me a copy of both new rulebooks soon, so that I can scour them for any changes.  I will let you guys know ASAP after reviewing.  Part of the deal is I cannot share the rulebooks with anyone - so I will read them and let you guys know for sure of any changes ASAP

• @Gamerman01:

dJensen is sending me a copy of both new rulebooks soon, so that I can scour them for any changes.  I will let you guys know ASAP after reviewing.  Part of the deal is I cannot share the rulebooks with anyone - so I will read them and let you guys know for sure of any changes ASAP

Great! Thank you!  :-)

• Excellent Gamerman.

• NOs for Global '40.2

Germany-
    5 IPCs for not being at war with USSR
    5 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Leningrad, Stalingrad, and/or Moscow
    5 IPCs if the Axis control Caucasus (if at Germany is at war with USSR)
    5 IPCs for any German land unit in Egypt
    5 IPCs for controlling Denmark and Norway with Sweden neutral, pro-Axis, or Axis-controlled
    2 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Iraq, Persia, and/or Northwest Persia

USSR-
    5 IPCs if at war with Germany or Italy, SZ125 is clear of Axis warships, Archangel is USSR controlled, and no other Allies in the Soviet Union
    3 IPCs for each German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory the USSR controls
    10 IPCs the first time USSR controls Berlin

Japan-
    10 IPCs for not at war with USA and not invaded French Indo-China
    5 IPCs for Axis control of Guam, Midway, Wake, Gilberts, and Solomons
    5 IPCs per territory for Axis control of Calcutta, Sydney, Honolulu, and/or San Francisco
    5 IPCs for Axis control of Sumatra, Java, Borneo, and CeleBEEs

USA-
    10 IPCs if at war and control of East, Central, and West USA
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Alaska, Aleutians, Hawaii, Johnston, and Line
    5 IPCS if at war and control of Mexico, SE Mexico, Central America, and West Indies
    5 IPCs if at war and control of the Philippines
    5 IPCS if at war and has one land unit in Paris

China-
    6 IPCs if Allies control India, Burma, Yunnan, and Szechwan

UK (Europe)-
    5 IPCs if UK controls all original UK territories on the Europe map

UK (Pacific)-
    5 IPCs if at war with Japan and UK controls Kwangtung and Malaya

Italy-
    5 IPCs if Axis control 3 of Gibraltar, Southern France, Greece, and Egypt
    5 IPCS if no Allied surface warships in SZ 92-99
    5 IPCS if Axis control Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Tobruk, and Alexandria
    2 IPCs per territory if Italy controls Iraq, Persia, and/or Northwest Persia

ANZAC-
    5 IPCs if at war with Japan, the Allies control Malaya, and ANZAC controls all its original territories
    5 IPCs if at war with Japan and if the Allies (not the Dutch) control Dutch New Guinea, New Britiain, New Guinea, and the Solomons

France gets 12 IPCs to spend immediately upon liberation

• NOs for Pacific '40.2

Japan-
    10 IPCs for not at war with USA and not attacking French Indo-China
    5 IPCs if Japan controls Guam, Midway, Wake, Gilberts, and Solomons
    5 IPCs per territory if Japan controls Calcutta, Sydney, Honolulu, and/or San Francisco
    5 IPCs if Japan controls Sumatra, Java, Borneo, and CeleBEEs

USA-
    30 IPCs if at war and control of West USA
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Alaska and Mexico
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Aleutians, Hawaii, Johnston, and Line
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Philippines

China-
    6 IPCs if the Allies control India, Burma, Yunnan, and Szechwan

UK-
    5 IPCs if at war and controls Kwangtung and Malaya

ANZAC-
    5 IPCs if at war, Allies control Malaya, and ANZAC controls all its original territories
    5 IPCs if at war and the Allies (not the Dutch) control Dutch New Guinea, New Britain, New Guinea, and the Solomons

• NOs for Europe '40.2

Germany-
    5 IPCs if not at war with USSR
    5 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Leningrad, Stalingrad, and/or Moscow
    5 IPCs if at war with USSR and Axis controls Caucasus
    5 IPCs for having a German land unit in Egypt
    5 IPCs for control of Denmark and Norway with Sweden strict neutral, Pro-Axis, or Axis-controlled
    2 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Iraq, Persia, and/or Northwest Persia

USSR-
    9 IPCs when at war and controls Novosibirsk
    5 IPCs if at war, SZ125 is free of Axis warships, control of Archangel, and no other Allied units in the Soviet Union
    3 IPCs for control of each German, Italian, or Pro-Axis neutral territory
    10 IPCs the first time USSR takes Berlin

USA-
    20 IPCs if at war and controls East and Central USA
    5 IPCs if at war and controls SE Mexico, Central America, and West Indies

UK-
    5 IPCs if the UK controls all its original territories

Italy-
    5 IPCs if no Allied surface warships in SZ92-99
    5 IPCs if Axis control 3 of Gibraltar, Southern France, Greece, and Egypt
    5 IPCs if Axis control Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Tobruk, and Alexandria
    2 IPCs per territory if Italy controls Iraq, Persia, and/or Northwest Persia

France gets 12 IPCs to spend immediately if Paris is liberated

• Confirmed.  I also have the rulebook.

No changes to any NO’s except E40:
    USA gets the 20 and 5, Russia gets the 9

Rest are same as Alpha 3 Global

I don’t have the new P40 rulebook though.  Interesting that it looks like USA gets more money.  Maybe that will actually make a J2 or J3 attack make more sense??  Seems like it at first blush

• Thanks Gamerman and Robbie.
    Remind me;  what do you mean: Russia gets the 9?
    Glad Pacific War bonus has been clarified.

• @wittmann:

Thanks Gamerman and Robbie.
    Remind me;  what do you mean: Russia gets the 9?
    Glad Pacific War bonus has been clarified.

Check the USSR NOs for Europe '40.2.  It’s there.

• Russia gets 9 IPC’s per turn for controlling Novosibirsk (instead of bonus infantry)

You can read it in robbie’s post

• Thanks. Have played the 37 income so long had forgotten(and is the middle of the night here). Thought it was 2 Inf a turn not 9 IPCs in the original, but I get it now: is the Pacific board 9 as per Alpha 3. Good.
    I think I sound like I should stop sleep typing on my phone!

• Anytime, wittman!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m