HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

You can add on individual pieces as well to your order. Allows for full customization of sets.

• @Flashman:

Maybe a “Bolshevik” set in red for certain Russian Revolution Variants?

You could always use his early-war sets for it (as you wouldn’t need too many fancy units anyway) along with an occasional marker or painted piece.  Not historically perfect, I know, but would work for shizzle…

• Customizer

• @Flashman:

You mean these?

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Battle-Pieces–WW2-Russia-Early-War-Set-Red_p_824.html

But you only get 4 infantry…

Remember, they don’t just sell in sets, so you can get just the infantry!  And remember that you have the choice of 4 colors, all with a reddish hue!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Got HBG’s latest email update today… man am I excited for the new stuff coming out.

Especially looking forward to those Japanese sculpts. If that picture of the Japanese airman/paratrooper was any indication, these are going to be the most beautiful and detailed yet.

Thought the 3-D printing options for scale figures was cool too. Makes me really want one of those He-111Zs!

Keep up the great work guys.

• Got the email as well. WOW on the Japanese paratrooper. I want those ww1 roundels or flags as well. On facebook it made it sound like you guys had those ready to go. Any ETA on those HBG? The German WW1 flag is Kick A…

• Loving the detail on the upcoming Japanese stuff and I hope that the torpedo on the Kate can be made to work somehow.  The Japanese paratrooper is well detailed but it’s another guy just standing there doing nothing.  We need more infantry doing stuff.  For example, the Russian infantry guy charging is most excellent.  Infantry just standing at attention is boring to me.  When I think of Japanese infantry of any type, I think of the Banzai charge.  Otherwise, things look excellent!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Pacific:

Loving the detail on the upcoming Japanese stuff and I hope that the torpedo on the Kate can be made to work somehow.  The Japanese paratrooper is well detailed but it’s another guy just standing there doing nothing.  We need more infantry doing stuff.  For example, the Russian infantry guy charging is most excellent.  Infantry just standing at attention is boring to me.  When I think of Japanese infantry of any type, I think of the Banzai charge.  Otherwise, things look excellent!

We are trying to keep a standard with the Airborne units. All HBG Airborne is standing upright, some with guns. We do plan on making other Infantry and it will be more of a charging or moving stance.

• I hate them without some gun. Just standing? Usually they had automatic rifles or something.

Otherwise they look like a mummy. I will show you some pictures and compare with the Mummy.  Without a gun that figure will always be called Boris karloff.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Imperious:

I hate them without some gun. Just standing? Usually they had automatic rifles or something.

Otherwise they look like the mummy. Post the picture and i will get the mummy and we do a side by side.

OK IL, I’m going to smack you.
    I will look into putting a pistol in his hand.

• It doesn’t look like a mummy. Looks fine.

@coachofmany:

@Imperious:

I hate them without some gun. Just standing? Usually they had automatic rifles or something.

Otherwise they look like the mummy. Post the picture and i will get the mummy and we do a side by side.

What if we gave him the “angry face”?  :x  :-D

• @coachofmany:

@Pacific:

Loving the detail on the upcoming Japanese stuff and I hope that the torpedo on the Kate can be made to work somehow.�  The Japanese paratrooper is well detailed but it’s another guy just standing there doing nothing.�  We need more infantry doing stuff.�  For example, the Russian infantry guy charging is most excellent.�  Infantry just standing at attention is boring to me.�  When I think of Japanese infantry of any type, I think of the Banzai charge.�  Otherwise, things look excellent!

We are trying to keep a standard with the Airborne units. All HBG Airborne is standing upright, some with guns. We do plan on making other Infantry and it will be more of a charging or moving stance.

That makes perfect sense.  Thanks for the reply!  :mrgreen:

• Customizer

Coach, have you found any colour variations in the A&A 1914 pieces?

I have a couple of Russian fighters in a very light brown, someone else posted about different colours in the Russian and German pieces.

• @Flashman:

I have a couple of Russian fighters in a very light brown, someone else posted about different colours in the Russian and German pieces.

I noticed that my Russian transports where just a shade off from the rest of the units.  Its something you don’t notice right away but you can see a slight difference in my Russian units.  Nothing that distracts from the game though.

• Dont know if this is off topic or not but i was wondering when HBG will get restocked with 1914 chips.

Would love to get atleast one extra bag as OOB doesnt come with enough.

HBG should raise the price on the chips maybe to keep them in stock a bit longer lol.

I did add myself to the waiting list on HBG.

Thanks

• Customizer

Mine are very obviously different, in fact I thought they were Italian units at first.

@Jabo:

@Flashman:

I noticed that my Russian transports where just a shade off from the rest of the units.  Its something you don’t notice right away but you can see a slight difference in my Russian units.  Nothing that distracts from the game though.

• Customizer

Doug “Coach”,

coachofmanyor=coachofmany link=topic=27911.msg1108138#msg1108138 date=1364587436]
    @Imperious:

––The detail on this new Japanese Paratrooper is AMAZING! I would have to agree with IL that it’s quite odd that he doesn’t have a single weapon, though.  :-o
    ----I’m VERY HAPPY to see that HBG has decided to go back to producing Paratroopers again. Keep up the good work!

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Is there any chance you might produce different coloured chips in the new (1942/1914) shape, I’d really like some in a few lighter colours?

Its a pain that there are now two types that don’t stack well together.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m