• Who had the best chance of victory of the Allies?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

do you mean over the allies? or OF the allies? :P

• @Gargantua:

do you mean over the allies? or OF the allies? :P

Thanks. I thought I placed this topic on World War Two discussion. Thought it was a good topic for discussion.

• But what is the question?

Who has a better chance in their time?

Kaiser, very easy.

He had much smaller range of what he considered to be success. Germany nearly won that war three different times and conquered Russia ( sending Lenin on a train was a good move)

The central powers also had much closer military and economic capabilities.

• @Imperious:

But what is the question?
    Kaiser, very easy.
    He had much smaller range of what he considered to be success. Germany nearly won that war three different times and conquered Russia ( sending Lenin on a train was a good move)

Have to agree here…Russia wasn’t really industrialized yet (and had it’s own internal issues).  Didn’t Germany have a good tech advantage too?

• @Imperious:

But what is the question?

Kaiser, very easy.

IL good to see you, I had started to wonder were you had went to. The Question is, who had the best chance of ending their war victorious over the Allies.?

• @ABWorsham:

Who had the best chance of victory of the Allies?

That’s an easy one to answer.  In WWI, Wilhelm had the better chance of beating the Allies because at the time he was the Kaiser while Hitler was just a corporal.  In WWII, Hitler had the better chance of beating the Allies because at the time he was the Fuhrer while Wilhelm was living in exile from 1939 to mid-1941 and dead thereafter.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

WWI was close…

It’s hard to believe the Germans gave up before the French!

• Thanks Garg, I remember why I didn’t get in to WW1 now: France was not humiliated and occupied by an enemy. Would have preferred it to be England, but hey can’t have everything.

• @wittman:

Thanks Garg, I remember why I didn’t get in to WW1 now: France was not humiliated and occupied by an enemy.

Substantial parts of northeastern France were occupied by Germany early in WWI, and I think they remained occupied for much of the war.  For a good dose of French humiliation, however, I recommend the Franco-Prussian War.

• After Russia imploded, the Ludendorff offensive came within a hair’s breadth of winning on both fronts, but by then Germany was exhausted.

• Had Ludendorff and Hindenburg been given over all command of the German Army in 1915, what would have changed?

• @wittman:

Thanks Garg, I remember why I didn’t get in to WW1 now: France was not humiliated and occupied by an enemy. Would have preferred it to be England, but hey can’t have everything.

Northern France was reduced to a lunar appearance.

• '10

I had to go with the Kaiser.  I agree Imperial Germany had almost won that war several times.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m