What happens if Japan attacks Mongolia and Amur is the same turn ?

• Hey guys, just wondering is the whole neutral mongolia countries the same as all other neutrals ? I mean if allies attack Spain do they become pro axis ? And what happens if Japan attacks Amur and Mongolia in the same turn ? Or are they “speciel” neutral ?

Hope u understand my sucky english ;)

cya aroun PPP

• Sponsor

The Mongolian rule and the strict neutral rule are different, but are both possible with that area. In the sinerio you presented, the strict neutral rule is activated.

• Meaning that every neutral countries will be pro allies ? Sorry not sure I understand your answer 100% ;)

Cya around PPP

• Official Q&A

@PeterPaaPan:

Hey guys, just wondering is the whole neutral mongolia countries the same as all other neutrals ?

It depends.  If you’re playing by the box rules, they’re the same.  If you’re playing by the Alpha rules, they’re a little different.

@PeterPaaPan:

I mean if allies attack Spain do they become pro axis ?

Box rules:  Yes.
    Alpha rules:  No.  They can only become pro-Axis if attacked by the USSR.

@PeterPaaPan:

And what happens if Japan attacks Amur and Mongolia in the same turn ? Or are they “speciel” neutral ?

All of the other strict neutrals will become pro-Allies, and the remaining Mongolian territories will become controlled by the USSR.

• since when does spain only become pro axis if ussr attacks it?

• Ty guys, really helps alot!

PPP

• TripleA

kreig made a moosteak when he typed spain.

• @Cow:

kreig made a moosteak when he typed spain.

No he didn’t.  The “they” refers to Mongolia, not spain

• Looking for the link for all Neutral rules for Alpha 2….understand the whole Mongolian thing (in South Park Chinese man accent…GD Mongolians! Tearing down my city wall!)…but need clarification for the S. America, Middle East, and DEI so I can NOT get dominated on Sunday! (Playing as Allies)

• @Mallery29:

Looking for the link for all Neutral rules for Alpha 2….understand the whole Mongolian thing (in South Park Chinese man accent…GD Mongolians! Tearing down my city wall!)…but need clarification for the S. America, Middle East, and DEI so I can NOT get dominated on Sunday! (Playing as Allies)

IIRC in Alpha 2, Mongolia behaves as any other neutral, just as it did in OOB.  In Alpha 2 there was an IPC reward/punishment for Japan/Soviet hostilities.

The Mongolian/Soviet rule was developed for Alpha 3 (some people may refer to it as Alpha 3.9, but it’s really just a finalization of Alpha 3).

If you aren’t playing Alpha 3, you shouldn’t worry about Mongolia.  If you are playing Alpha 3, which is the final rule set and will replace the OOB rules in the 2nd edition, you should go here:

http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149

• Ok, maybe I need something more than that because I’m confused…say Allies go after Iraq? What happens?  First ever 1940 match, so just need help with a link that provide some help.

• As I understand :

If u go after Iraq nothing happens, nor if u take out lets say spain with US! Mongolia still remain strict neutral! But if Japan attack amur, the 6 inf is “activated” and become USSR after japan combat round! Mongolia can only become pro-axis if Russia make a direct attack on 1 of the 6 contries…

Just my 5 cent…

PPP

• Ok….learning here as I go…(under Alpha 2, and no, I don’t know OOB rules).

1. Allies land in DEI, it’s theirs.  Get IPC. Combat or NCM?
    2. US once at war can take S. America.  Combat or NCM?
    3. UK goes after Iraq. Combat or NCM? Am I attacking the two Iraqis?
    4. Russia can’t go after any neutral.
    5.  US or Germany take Spain/Portugal…Combat or NCM? 
    6.  I guess a lot of it is how do you get the troops?

:?

Please upgrade my knowledge.

• 1. Non-combat.  Of the Allied forces, only UK and Anzac can do that, though.  US can only take those islands if they are liberating them from Japanese control.

2.  If you mean Brazil, non-combat.  Other South American countries function exactly the same as other true neutrals.

3.  Combat.  You are attacking a pro-axis neutral with an Allied power.

4.  You can, but only when at war.  Russia has the additional restriction of only being at war on individual sides of the map.  That is, Russia can only attack Mongolia when at war with Japan, and it can only attack other (Atlantic side) neutrals when at war with Germany/Italy.

5.  If Spain/Portugal are still true neutrals, combat.

6.  You only acquire the troops of a true neutral if they have been turned into pro-neutrals (of your side) through the actions of a power on the other side.  As an example:
    Germany decides to invade true-neutral Sweden and takes it over.  Now every other true neutral in the game is pro-Allied.  Now, on US’s turn, it can non-combat land units into Spain and take its forces as its own and the IPCs of the territory.

• Muchas Gracias…this helps a lot.

• TripleA

Quote from: PeterPaaPan on June 13, 2012, 04:06:22 pm
    And what happens if Japan attacks Amur and Mongolia in the same turn ? Or are they “speciel” neutral ?

All of the other strict neutrals will become pro-Allies, and the remaining Mongolian territories will become controlled by the USSR.

This sums it up.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m