How many Animals have you killed?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

After the Sushi conversation… I got to thinking.

I’m 28 years old.  Let’s assume I’ve eaten meat twice a day, for 25 of those years.

25 * 365 * 2 = 18,250.

That means 18,250 animals have died, because my tummy was hungry.

Thus I now must ask, how many animals have you killed? and how do you feel about that?  I’d like to add atleast 10 roadkill, and another 10 hunted, and probably another 5 under the column “miscellaneous slaughter” (You know - inadvertant explosion’s, discharges, poisonings, drownings, etc).

Gargantua’s total, 18,275.

Wow… :)

• '12

I killed many many frogs, snakes, birds and mice with bb guns, firecrackers, home made bombs and cannons.  I was shall we say, not well adjusted.

I now have a small frog pond and place a small home made heater in it over winter so the gold fish and hibernating frogs don’t freeze into a solid block of ice.  I caught a small snake in my backyard and drove it into the nearby country area.  I maintain a nice little bird bath and feed them on occasion.  Just yesterday I caught a small insect in my house and let it go outside.  I hope I can live long enough to repay Karma!  I love a nice big old steak on the BBQ but I eat chicken a lot more now I am type 2 diabetic and am slowly winding down the belly fat store.

• Do the people I have killed count as animals?

LOL of course.

• none then.

• @Gargantua:

After the Sushi conversation… I got to thinking.

I’m 28 years old.  Let’s assume I’ve eaten meat twice a day, for 25 of those years.

25 * 365 * 2 = 18,250.

That means 18,250 animals have died, because my tummy was hungry.

Thus I now must ask, how many animals have you killed? and how do you feel about that?  I’d like to add atleast 10 roadkill, and another 10 hunted, and probably another 5 under the column “miscellaneous slaughter” (You know - inadvertant explosion’s, discharges, poisonings, drownings, etc).

Gargantua’s total, 18,275.

Wow… :)

Each time you eat meat does not equate to a different animal being killed. A week of Thanksgiving leftovers is only one turkey. A pound of ground beef makes many meals and is not a new cow killed for each meal. Two people eating meat also does not equate to two animals killed. The larger the animal the greater the number of servings from a single beast.

Sorry, you’re not quite the bringer of death you’d like to make yourself out to be.

• At the big slaughterhouses they grind up 1000s of cows together at one time so in each hamburger you may be eating tiny pieces of many many cows, which is why Creutzfeld-jacob disease became such a problem.  So I have probably eaten pieces of MILLIONS of cows.

Frimmel,

I hear what you’re saying.

Hence why I shaved off 3.xxx years.  :)

• '10

Just with my bare hands?

Let me get the calculator…

add the fear in their eyes as life left their bodies…

divide by 3.14…

equals √-25 or 5i

• Sorry Gar but your calculation is wrong, I still end up with 20-25 kills your self…unless you killed the animals for food your self and sold it to the super market ,just to buy your own killed animal for dinner, potentially doesn´t makes you a killer for that…

so 28 * 365 +( 10 + 10 + ?5) = 20 ~ 25 kills  :?

If you´re talking in the not so potentialy way of killing animals your self, how would you know of how many ?, as frimmel allready pointed out to you  :-D

so your rough estimates are way of… 8-)  just get the Insects in your account to a close round up…

• Garg:  There I was thinking you were a nice guy! One rabbit. And it still hurts to remember it.

• @wittman:

Garg:  There I was thinking you were a nice guy! One rabbit. And it still hurts to remember it.

awesome

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m