• Destroy gibraltar if you are germany first turn. Just pay the damn 3IPCs to roll a tank through spain and take it. If you dont a smart UK or US player will set up a bombing base there, plus if you do allied planes will have no place to land if they interfere with africa. Oh yea make sure you do this on the first turn, the 3 IPCs will pay off!!!

• :lol:

• good point. But if you go with an amphibious assault you have to worry about that damn battleship (I only have 2nd ed rules, 1 hit battleships) :-?

• Does anyone have any ideas on how to take gibraltar on G1 so that UK cant land planes on it.

“Damn Gibraltar,
    It must be crushed under the righteous heel of the german war machine, Damn Gibraltar”

:evil:

• J1 buy 5 infantry and 1 transport,put all in japan, attack china, next turn take out india and shezwan.

• Hey thankx wild! thats some good advice :P

• wild 2000 If you look at it if you put a bunch of forces in spain you could put some transports next to it and WHAM invade america, and they wont even know what the hell hit em :D :evil: :D

• briton invades france usa invades spain germany kills briton usa kills germany in france briton in spain… with usa ecoamy tire out germany

• but then if us and briton do what I just said….

• @Yanny:

Since I’ve seen quite a few here, I’ll lend my view.
    UK1 - Build Carrier, 1 Fighter. Fly 2 fighters to Karelia. Bomb Germany with bomber. Move Indians to Egypt, along with Syrian. Move Transport to Australia.

US1 - Build 3 Transports 4 Infantry. Attack Algeria. Move Pacific fleet to Atlantic. Move Fighters to British Carrier. Bomber to England.

Two Questions:

UK1 - No fodder for the Carrier?

US1 - Do you still build transports if the German bomber is in Western Europe where it should be? I would certainly risk my Bomber on them…

• Ture. I would only attack 2 trn tops with a bmb and with a ftr, it is very hard to decide.

• @Wild2000:

@Ansbach:

US1 - Do you still build transports if the German bomber is in Western Europe where it should be? I would certainly risk my Bomber on them…

1 German bomber vs 3 US transports is an Allied trap.

Chances are pretty good that the bomber will go down with the transports. Even if all the transports are destroyed, it is still a good trade for the USA. Sure it sets the shuck shuck back one turn, but with the German bomber gone, the Allied fleet is a lot safer and can now split up. That German bomber will also probably never be rebuilt.

You’re right - I checked it out and there is only about a 25% chance of destroying all the transports without losing the bomber. I guess I’ve been burned too many times by lucky opponents - based on experience I would have thought the Bomber had better odds than that… :lol:

• @Wild2000:

I am sorry Geze, but your answers are a little vague. What timing and with what forces? If you are talking post turn 3 or 4, then maybe. However the above discussion was centered around the first couple of turns.

they where talking about spain so I just wrote the stratedy I had involving it.

• opps :oops: that was me

• they where talking about spain so I just wrote the stratedy I had involving it.

Hmmm… usually I go all out on Western Europe (UK and USA attacks on same turn) instead of taking Spain. :)

• actually the discussion started with the taking of gibraltar(if anyone has any good idead) :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m