How do you play AAP40 with 3.9 alpha rules?

• We’re thinking of playing AAP40 again because Global takes too long and we’ve been playing AAE40 for too long. So I’m thinking what rules you guys use and wich works out the best for you?

I’m thinking of something like this:

Alpha 3.9 setup and OOB NO’s for USA?

In AAE40 we also use a system like this, keep the USA OOB NO’s and alpha 3.9 setup.

Anyone who plays AAP40 with alpha 3.9 rules?

• Agree US should get 40 bonus when at war and give them the SBR from Central US too. I believe the 18 Russian Inf must be placed on the map to start though.

• Also Forbid US player from going more than one hex West or South of Hawaii. They should not be allowed to skulk by Australia awaiting a Japanese DOW. India  also needs one more NO.

• @wittman:

Agree US should get 40 bonus when at war and give them the SBR from Central US too. I believe the 18 Russian Inf must be placed on the map to start though.

Russia? There’s no Russians in AAP40.

Also Forbid US player from going more than one hex West or South of Hawaii. They should not be allowed to skulk by Australia awaiting a Japanese DOW. India  also needs one more NO.

I think this states in the alpha 3.9 rules that US can’t stop in a sea zone unless in front of their own islands when not at war.

• Alpha 3.9 is written for Global so there are 18 Russian inf on the Pacific map. I cannot see how we can play Pacific and ignore them. If they are there then Japan is not so free to rampage through China before a DOW. Have not seen 3.9 state US cannot move as you say. I Read cannot end turn adjacent to Japanese controlled territories. Hope you are right. Have you a link? Thanks

• @wittman:

Alpha 3.9 is written for Global so there are 18 Russian inf on the Pacific map. I cannot see how we can play Pacific and ignore them. If they are there then Japan is not so free to rampage through China before a DOW. Have not seen 3.9 state US cannot move as you say. I Read cannot end turn adjacent to Japanese controlled territories. Hope you are right. Have you a link? Thanks

AAP40 was there before global and it was a great game. I’m looking for the game where it is japan vs UK, ANZAC, China and USA. I don’t see how Russia would even work without having a VC. Maybe you never played it before?

And you are correct about the US movement restriction. It’s not that bad I guess.

• I bought Pacific when it came out and played Japan  first few times. My opponent usually beats me whichever side, or game , we play. Last time, global actually, he moved US fleet to Aus before my DOW and scared me into playing a less aggressive Japan! I have thought that possibility wrong ever since. He will only play Pacific if we place the 18 Russian Inf. it does not bother me, but would like an official ruling .

• anyone else ever tried playing AAP40 with alpha 3.9 rules?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m