Let me make sure of something

• OK…I just want to make sure that if I attack with 5 planes rolling 1 attack die they all attack separately (i.e. their hits cannot be added together).

• '18 Customizer

@techroll42:

OK…I just want to make sure that if I attack with 5 planes rolling 1 attack die they all attack separately (i.e. their hits cannot be added together).

First of all only 4 friendly planes & 4 enemy planes are allowed in one grid. Each planes rolls separately as its attacks count against the armor or vital hits. Its a bit different with torpedos that count directly against the hull points so there is no vital armor to worry about. If your opponent agrees you can roll torps all at once. However this could be a waste of dice that could be used to attack more than one ship if you get lots of 6’s.

• @Field:

@techroll42:

OK…I just want to make sure that if I attack with 5 planes rolling 1 attack die they all attack separately (i.e. their hits cannot be added together).

First of all only 4 friendly planes & 4 enemy planes are allowed in one grid. Each planes rolls separately as its attacks count against the armor or vital hits. Its a bit different with torpedos that count directly against the hull points so there is no vital armor to worry about. If your opponent agrees you can roll torps all at once. However this could be a waste of dice that could be used to attack more than one ship if you get lots of 6’s.

Oops re: plane limit. I don’t have the game in front of me.

Thanks! I was just making sure that weak planes can’t destroy carriers if there are enough of them!

whats a weak plane, are u referring to fighters? is so fighters wont even scratch a carrier without multiple 6’s, they get at most 2-3 gunnery dice each.

Some carriers could be sunk by straffeing fighters, ie Shoho, or st. lo for example, but this is only realistically possible if the defender doesn’t throw air cover over their carrier.  Fighters only get their gunnery dice when straffeing, and the fighters suffer a -2 too each, armour and vital armour respectively while straffeing.

• '18 Customizer

If your going to use planes then: “Go big or stay home.” A few planes can be easily dealt with by a well built opponent but a swarm of planes can be completely different. Planes can’t claim objectives so there is a balance between air and surface elements that has to be noted if you intend on claiming objectives.

• If you’re using LOTS of planes, use lots of carriers. That simple. You can’t have a ton of land-based planes that are stuck away for 1/2 the battle.

Yes, but some of the games most powerful Planes are land based, ie. kondor, Mitchell and sturmovick.  Not to mention corsairs and FW 190’s

• @Deaths:

Yes, but some of the games most powerful Planes are land based, ie. kondor, Mitchell and sturmovick.  Not to mention corsairs and FW 190’s

Well obviously Patrol Bmrs can’t go on carriers, but what I’m saying is you shouldn’t have 5 Zeros stuck away on your land airbase unless you lose carriers.

Also I’m kinda annoyed that planes can’t be trapped on sinking carriers  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:.

If a carrier is sunk, any aircraft that started on the carrier the turn it was sunk must roll a die. on a roll of a 1, the plane(s) are destroyed with the carrier

• :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Oh.

But still, only 1 in 6?!?!?

yes still only a 1-6 chance but better then a 0 in 6 chance
    and it happens more then u think

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m