• Customizer

To mark the convoys, I use a water soluble marker.  Convoys are not permanently marked, as the routes can change or be abandoned altogether.  New convoys will be created as the needs arise in order to collect money from across water, or to keep armies supplied.

To mark all possible convoys on the map overcluttered the map and made it confusing.  The best solution was to use these water soluble markers in order to draw and erase the convoys as needed.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

jim-

What is your map printed on in order to use these markers? Are they dry erase like for a white board?

• Customizer

I laminate my maps to use this way.

Oherwise, use the frontier markers from Battle of the Bulge to mark a convoy route.

Or you can use strips of paper/cardstock and use blue for Allies and red for Axis.

• Customizer

Hey, you said you had rules for generals?

Yes, I do.  I have cards that explain the attributes for each admiral/general.  Each leader starts the game with the rank they actually had.  As the game progresses, the leader’s rank is upgraded at certain points to reflect promotions.  These promotions allow the leader to influence more units.

I’m still playtesting them.

• TripleA '12

Hey guys, what does ¦nbsp mean? Thanks.

• Customizer

Where are you seeing this?

• TripleA '12

Thanks Jim010. I am seeing it here:

Yes, I do. ¦nbsp;I have cards that explain the attributes for each admiral/general. ¦nbsp;Each leader starts the game with the rank they actually had. ¦nbsp;As the game progresses, the leader’s rank is upgraded at certain points to reflect promotions. ¦nbsp;These promotions allow the leader to influence more units.

Maybe it’s my internet browser. I’m at work and I don’t think they update the software much here.

On mine screen that shows as a ? inside a diamond. It’s a funny glitch on the board here when you use a double space after the period I think. Use single spaces and they don’t happen.

• Customizer

I’m really fuzzy about how naval movement works.  I’m just not getting it.

The side that has initiative on that front gets to move its ships first.

Each ship has a movement of 10 spaces, but each ship must also use that movement range to return to the port it started from.

Once you decide what ships you are moving, and to where, you declare what space you intend to patrol, if any.  (By patrolling a space, you are saying that you intend to do combat with any ships that are found in that space.)

Now the other side moves its ships.  They go about it the same way as you did, but they obviously have seen where your ships are.  If the other side patrols the same space as you, then there will be combat.

• Customizer

If you are patrolling a space the other side passes through (but which the other side is NOT patrolling) then you have to roll to see if you intercept the enemy ships (and vis versa).

When combat is done, survivors then return to port.

• Thank you for posting here. Have now bought it and am looking forward to reading the rules.
    If I like it(which I do not doubt), you know I will be buying Italy.
    I only have a very old Avalon Hill Italian campaign and I have never got along with it.

Here are some photos I took while setting up the play testing of World War II in the Pacific. I will be helping jim010 test out the setup and rules for this which, once completed, can be combined with the Europe game he made. Please note the photo is missing the US CV at Pearl…

0616121626.jpg
    0616121624a.jpg

Couple more:

0616121624.jpg
    0616121623.jpg

@wittman:

Thank you for posting here. Have now bought it and am looking forward to reading the rules.
    I only have a very old Avalon Hill Italian campaign and I have never got along with it.

Thanks for the kind words! jim010 worked hard on the first game and he’s working hard the one I posted pics of above. Just to give due credit though, Invasion of Italy was done by another of our designers, Tigerman77. Tigerman did the map for our Global 1939 game.

• Customizer

@wittman:

Thank you for posting here. Have now bought it and am looking forward to reading the rules.

Thanks for the purchase.  Be sure to resize it map. Shrink it to 28 inches by 44 inches, otherwise it is way too big.

• Will try. Thanks again. I love new games and rules like a woman loves new shoes. (My
    wife has spent today wearing and talking about some shoes that she ordered and worse… asking my opinion!)
    Give me A&A any day.

• Jim010: We can only print on 1 A4 size sheet. Could you please advise us how to adjust size. Thank you.

• Customizer

It prints on a single sheet?

I’ll PM Coach.

• Customizer

Did some playtesting yesterday of the Pacific half.

Here are some pics of the opening set-up:

1.jpg
    2.jpg

• Customizer

As the game got to spring 1942(it starts in spring 1941), Japan had to pull ground units from China to occupy the Dutch East Indies, Malaya and Philippines.  After 4 turns of trying to bash China, Japan was unable to push them back far enough, and the Nationalists were able to make a push, while the Communists are at a stalemate.

3.jpg
    4.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m