• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Young:

Is the game playable with a map 72"x33" so it can insert into my global table, or must it be bigger than that?

The smaller size will be 34" X 72" so you may need to trim a little off the top and bottom for proper fit into your table. I have the small version of the original and I thought it was fine. But the revised is blowing up the smaller areas so that the small size map is less crowded. I would say the small revised will be easily playable. The bigger size will be epically cool for those that have the room for it.

• Sponsor

@Variable:

@Young:

Is the game playable with a map 72"x33" so it can insert into my global table, or must it be bigger than that?

The smaller size will be 34" X 72" so you may need to trim a little off the top and bottom for proper fit into your table. I have the small version of the original and I thought it was fine. But the revised is blowing up the smaller areas so that the small size map is less crowded. I would say the small revised will be easily playable. The bigger size will be epically cool for those that have the room for it.

Thanks, who is designing the revised map?

Tigerman of course! He’s just enlarging Europe and Japan. Everything else will be the same. Check it out on Facebook. Coach has been posting pics of the progress.

Edit: Also, if you do a Facebook search for “Global War 1939”, it has its own page that I built for it. The map is displayed there as the main pic.

• Sponsor

@coachofmany:

@Dispatch:

Are the rules/setup on Boardgamegeek the most recent version?

Yes, expect some minor revisions in a week or two.

Are the rules only available on BGG, or are they here somewhere as well?

Use BGG since any updates will go there too. The new map will not require new rules, but I am in the process of revising the rules to be a “stand alone” set so you don’t need to read the G40 rules. There will likely be a few minor changes over the last set, but nothing major. It will be posted to BGG for download after it has been reviewed and approved by Tigerman and Coach.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Do you guys sell a printed fullsize map?

I’ve seen the whole piece package available.

What I’m getting at here is I want to spend  the $500 or whatever, to order the map AND all the accessory pieces for it.  Will a kit like that be available?  Or will I have to take the .pdf to a printer myself?

HBG prints the map for you on some very nice vinyl. No paper. This stuff is much better. Here is the link to the map:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Global-War-1939-Axis-Allies-Variant-Map_p_362.html

The Revised version should be out around Monday and can be ordered in two sizes. I have the smaller $60 one that works well at 34" X 72", especially in the revised version it will be good. For the ultimate GW39 experience, shell out for the epic 47" X 96" version at $100. If you have the room to play this, you will never put it away. Rules will need to be printed along with setup charts etc on your own. Files are all on BGG here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113337/global-war-1939

Finally, to get all the pieces you need for the game, you must own Europe and Pacific 1940. In addition, here is the link for the special GW39 set to buy from HBG that will cover the rest:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Painted-Pieces–Global-War-1939-Lot_p_726.html

Included there is a listing of everything in the kit. Buying it this way saves a bunch of money over buying the individual pieces. I will include a pic below. Hope that answers all your questions!

Global1939PartsList.jpg

• Sponsor

If I buy the revised map, will it be compatible with Jeremy’s d6 variant?

I just bought an Italy set from FMG, and am waiting for the German set. do I need some from HBG above what I got or can get from FMG, in order to play the game now?

• '14

@Noll:

I know that you are revising the map, so I’d like to ask: Can you put ROME closer to it’s real location? (withouth changing the game mechanics)

Rome should be in the middle of Italy, you’ve put it where Venice is located.

Thanks!

The revised map will be identical to the old 39 map except for certain name changes, larger Europe,Japan, and Great Britain.  Hope this doesn’t keep you from buying the map!

• I’ll buy it yeah, only it will be funny with my friends (all being Italians) pointing me Rome every 5 secs :(

• '14

Actually I’m adding victory cities and Rome will be geographically correct

• @Tigerman77:

Actually I’m adding victory cities and Rome will be geographically correct

I love you :)

Revised map is done! Will begin shipping on the 9th. Here is the link:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Global-War-1939-Axis-Allies-Variant-Map-Revised_p_362.html

• What should I buy to have everything needed to play the d6 version?

I have many Axis and Allies, (Pacific, Pacific40, Europe40, Anniversary, Revised, Spring 42)

• @Noll:

What should I buy to have everything needed to play the d6 version?

I have many Axis and Allies, (Pacific, Pacific40, Europe40, Anniversary, Revised, Spring 42)

If you look here:@Variable:

HBG prints the map for you on some very nice vinyl. No paper. This stuff is much better. Here is the link to the map:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Global-War-1939-Axis-Allies-Variant-Map_p_362.html

The Revised version should be out around Monday and can be ordered in two sizes. I have the smaller $60 one that works well at 34" X 72", especially in the revised version it will be good. For the ultimate GW39 experience, shell out for the epic 47" X 96" version at $100. If you have the room to play this, you will never put it away. Rules will need to be printed along with setup charts etc on your own. Files are all on BGG here:

Finally, to get all the pieces you need for the game, you must own Europe and Pacific 1940. In addition, here is the link for the special GW39 set to buy from HBG that will cover the rest:

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Painted-Pieces–Global-War-1939-Lot_p_726.html

Included there is a listing of everything in the kit. Buying it this way saves a bunch of money over buying the individual pieces. I will include a pic below. Hope that answers all your questions!

Bottom of post includes a list of what stuff comes with the piece pack for the D12 version. So Im sure we will need some of what is listed there. I too am using the D6 system, and Im not exactly sure what I need for that.

Field Marshal Games created the D6 version, so I will try and ask him.

• The D6 setup charts are on BoardgameGeek.

From the charts you should be able to tell what pieces are required.

• Cool we’re going to try it this weekend.

• Customizer

Guys,

––I’m going back and re-reading all of the hundreds of pages concerning HBG’s Global 1939 since I/we now have found additional players I’ve ordered the larger map and units set. It’s taken quite a while,…but I feel it’s a good investment in a better understanding of the rules/game.

----Great Work Doug & Adam!

“Tall Paul”

• Hi all.

Would it be possible to buy an editable and digital file for this map? I would like to make some customizations on my one.

Thank you.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@linhagens:

Hi all.

Would it be possible to buy an editable and digital file for this map? I would like to make some customizations on my one.

Thank you.

We do not give out the PDF File. Sorry

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m