• @Young:

@Idi:

@Young:

@Alsch91:

One has to ask, though, what’s the point of that?
    Two infantry can’t really do much in the Med, especially if they’re nearly useless on offense - they can combine on defense, but not to attack.
    Would those resources be better utilized in the Pacific?

I’m with you, I don’t see the logic in spending that much time to get somewhere for minimal effect. I call moves like this gimicky, just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

I don’t recall saying anything about taking on the Axis in Europe. The move is simply for ANZAC to activate and retrieve 3 extra inf. as well as earning 2 extra IPC’s for the rest of the game.

Still, if you take 2 transports and 1 infantry ($17) all the way to Brazil for 3 infantry ($9) and bring them all the way back to the Pacific (6 rounds), you will have 2 loaded transports and $2 in extra income. All I’m saying is, ANZAC transports and infantry have one purpose IMO, and that’s to take, liberate, and protect the Dutch islands. A better idea would be for the UK to take it if possible, they need all the units they can get early on.

Hey Grasshopper, your the one who sounds “gimicky” here. Your high if you think that the UK should buy transports to secure Brazil. I can see by your coments you don’t win at this game ever because of your closed mind. As for your opinion: I don’t wish to hear the latest dribble from Rooktown or Newbville.

I stated that ANZAC activates Java and leaves, by you suggesting they try to hold it against Japan just proves your rookie/newb status.

• Sponsor

YA, OK…. Whatever. Guys like you are a dime a dozen around here, you think this is the first time I took crap from someone with less than 200 posts? If you can’t handle someone disagreeing with you… you’re in the wrong forum.

• @Young:

YA, OK…. Whatever. Guys like you are a dime a dozen around here, you think this is the first time I took crap from someone with less than 200 posts? If you can’t handle someone disagreeing with you… you’re in the wrong forum.

Just because you have 1500+ posts doesn’t mean you have any idea how to win at this game. All it means is that you have a big mouth

• Lol every post of Idi Amin is usually trollish.

You too Grasshopper, you shouldn’t base anything on post counts (but thanks for putting back your avatar)

• Sponsor

@Idi:

@Young:

Just because you have 1500+ posts doesn’t mean you have any idea how to win at this game. All it means is that you have a big mouth

You could die 100 years from now with a record of 6587 wins, 0 losses, and 190 posts, but you’ll always be an A55HOLE.

• Sponsor

@Noll:

Lol every post of Idi Amin is usually trollish.

You too Grasshopper, you shouldn’t base anything on post counts (but thanks for putting back your avatar)

You’re right Noll, I should be more mature, and I will likely get suspended for that last one, but when I get called a nubie…  it should come from someone with better credentials.

• It sounds like a war is brewwing on the horizon

• Back to earth you bunch of nubes (LOL). IDK, I only have 900 posts, am I allowed to say that?

I agree that sending 1 tpt to Brazil might help to increase Anz income (2 IPCs each round that is pretty much untouchable, unless you lose Sidney of course LOL). I might send an art to do the activation though, then retreat the tpt back to the Pac w/two inf. Then at some point you could have the US bring over your inf & art to Africa/Gib. If you manage to get a Anz ftr to Egypt, along with the couple other inf there you could do some damage to Italy with 4 ground units, and a ftr (keeping in mind they go after Italy now).

I like to get to D New Guinea though by Anz2 for the NO. Japan often has to many islands/tt’s it wants when it does it’s attack and may not want to risk a tpt to take D NG back leaving it for a while (they’re more likely to take Java, and kill your tpt off D NG, but you’ll probably keep the NO). You could use your orig tpt to active Java A1, then to D NG A2 (if Jap doesn’t attack), and send a newly built tpt from A1 towards Brazil A2. This would cut back on trading islands/tt with the Japs though, but the extra income for Brazil may be worth it in the long run along with a little push in Africa/Med.

I find that it is best for Anz to fight for islands with Jap, so normally I will keep a steady flow of tpts going (you will lose many along the way). If/when Anz starts earning income in the 20’s, then start buying some war ships, or subs to help take out weakly def Jap positions or tpts etc…. This is a battle they are hard pressed to win, but the constant harassment, and forcing Jap to retake islands/tt to expose their tpts is a good tactic. Normally I would have the US be the hammer (have a couple loaded tpt’s, but mostly warships), and Anz continue to fight for land to increase income, gain NO’s or cost Jap thier NO’s. I am always looking for something that the enemy isn’t expecting though.

• @Young:

@Idi:

@Young:

@Alsch91:

Two infantry can’t really do much in the Med, especially if they’re nearly useless on offense - they can combine on defense, but not to attack.

I’m with you, I don’t see the logic in spending that much time to get somewhere for minimal effect. I call moves like this gimicky, just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

I don’t recall saying anything about taking on the Axis in Europe. The move is simply for ANZAC to activate and retrieve 3 extra inf. as well as earning 2 extra IPC’s for the rest of the game.

Still, if you take 2 transports and 1 infantry ($17) all the way to Brazil for 3 infantry ($9) and bring them all the way back to the Pacific (6 rounds), you will have 2 loaded transports and $2 in extra income. All I’m saying is, ANZAC transports and infantry have one purpose IMO, and that’s to take, liberate, and protect the Dutch islands. A better idea would be for the UK to take it if possible, they need all the units they can get early on.

Hey SFB, You start with 1 transport and 5 inf. so the total cost is 7 IPC’s…. for the second transport.

• I like to take Brazil with Japan, usally ANZAC will go for the Islands for the big money

• Sponsor

@Idi:

@Young:

@Idi:

@Young:

@Alsch91:

Hey SFB, You start with 1 transport and 5 inf. so the total cost is 7 IPC’s…. for the second transport.

So, the value of a transport already on the board is $0, but the value for a transport you purchase is $7?

• @suprise:

I like to take Brazil with Japan, usally ANZAC will go for the Islands for the big money

Can you give us the breakdown of how you take Brazil with Japan?

• You can take Brazil as ANZAC round 2 (cross Magallanes strait, z66). And even try sending the art and 1 fig of course, but I think that is better if the canadians take Brazil (unless that Germany tries Sea Lion)

• Sorry Idi, I didnt get back to ya sooner, I was playing a Global game with Gen. Dicenhower and his group. A great bunch of guys and some real good players, any way on your way to total world domination if Japan can get a Transport to Caroline Isl then its 3 spaces to New Zealand via S.Z. 46-54-63. Take New Zealand, then use the Naval Base to go 3 spaces to Brazil via 52-66-85,oops yea take New Zealand to

• Sponsor

@Funcioneta:

but I think that is better if the canadians take Brazil (unless that Germany tries Sea Lion)

I agree, but be carefull what you say in this tread, suggestions like that could get you labeled as a newbie.

• @suprise:

Sorry Idi, I didnt get back to ya sooner, I was playing a Global game with Gen. Dicenhower and his group. A great bunch of guys and some real good players, any way on your way to total world domination if Japan can get a Transport to Caroline Isl then its 3 spaces to New Zealand via S.Z. 46-54-63. Take New Zealand, then use the Naval Base to go 3 spaces to Brazil via 52-66-85,oops yea take New Zealand to

Hmmm so you could actually have a Japanese minor in Brazil as early as round 4.  Very interesting idea.

• It no good for Japan to buy a IC in Brazil to US. Though US player might be very happy if its his birthday or something. :P joking

• Ahh not so fast though.  Suppose you were to bring the whole fleet with you to defend it?  Suppose you also built an airbase in Brazil?  And then naval bases in Brazil and Gold coast so you can shuck back and forth from z85 where the Americans can’t reach you?  Then you take South Africa and build another 3 units per turn. You could easily take all of Africa and there is really nothing they could do to stop you.  Sure they get to keep India, Australia, China, etc., but they will never get into Europe and they will never touch your African cash cow.  I think this strategy has a lot of potential.

• That’s an awful lot of resources to move into Europe, though.

• You can bring these units:

sub,3destr,cruiz,3AC,BB,3fgt,3tac and 1tranny

I think USA should be able to take it on… I need to see someone try it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m