Which Pacific power would you win with?

• I’d have to say Japan. There are obvious ways that the Allies could steam roll you (moving your navy to take Sydney so that the Americans can kick you in the teeth) but if Japan’s policy is to keep the Americans out of the conflict as long as possible they you will lose the war. If Japan can get the Dutch East Indies, Manila and Hong Kong by round 2, I’d say they have a pretty good chance against the Allies.

• Hitlers left hand. This happens every game. There should be no problem in getting 3 out of the 4 islands, phillipines, and hong kong on R2. Just because you do this doesn’t mean Japan should win. With US putting all its resources into the pacific Japan will be just trying to stall the US for as long as it can, but in no way can Japan win with US going full boar pacific.

• In my experience, it is always foolish to assume that a power will have “no chance” especially against an experienced player!

• Sponsor

Japan needs 6 VCs in the Pacific to win, all the allies need to do is Protect Honalulu and Sydney while building more than the Japs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m