• week us agenst japs in china so is china that important

• What you’re really asking is what the relative importance of China is.  But if you don’t give more details, your question can’t be taken in context.  Without context, it’s pretty useless to even attempt to answer a question.

Like if I say “Is paint important?”  There’s so many different possible contexts that question could be answered in, it barely makes sense as a question.

Try providing some details.  By the way, attacking the British fleet on G1 with sub/fighter/bomber isn’t a strategy.  That’s not even remotely close to a strategy.  That’s a tactic.

What’s the difference between a tactic and a strategy?  A strategy is the master plan.  A tactic is a little something you do to help carry out the master plan.  A simply stated strategy would be “Build infantry on turn 1 and 2 then switch to tanks on turns 3 through 5 to hit Moscow before the Allies can get their transport chain set up”.

Also gud speling maks u luk smart.  u want to luk smart dontchu

• Is China important?  Hmm…  I believe you do need to be a little more specific as well.  To the United States IPC value it isn’t incredibly important since after losing China (and Sinkiang) the US will still have 38.  The IPC gain helps Japan but certainly doesn’t hurt the US badly.

But personally I think China is much more important location wise.  The Japanese can invade Russia through three ways and China is one of them.  Now you don’t have to send 20 infantry into Sinkiang, but it is a good idea to keep an eye on that area with the USSR.  Once the US loses China it isn’t getting it back.

If you really are worried in the first round you can land the UK fighter there, but it probably is a wiser move to land it in Buryatia with the six Soviet infantry (assuming they were put there.)

• I am 12 years old, and this is my second post. I’ll try and resolve this question.

The importance of China can be debated for a while. I agree with LeonidasBush in most cases. Through Japanese eyeglasses, China is the quickest way to put pressure on the Bear. Otherwise, the Japs could try and mount an offensive through SFE, Buryatia, and Yakut, which would require a lot of infantry. The Russians go first, and a logical move is to put infantry in Buryatia so the latter Jap method is stalled. Anyways, China is somewhat important, but for the sole purpose of helping out Hitler and kicking out the US. In fact, why is the US in China in the first place?

Through the US point of view, China is pretty defenseless since it is cut off from anyone else besides Russia. Neutral Mongolia and Himilaya are on two sides of it. If the US was actually able to amass troops in China before the Japs swooped it up, then capturing the Kwangtung would be a good idea. Unfortunately, the Japs have their turn before the US, and only a miracle can save China.  Fortunately, Russia nd the UK both have turns before Japan. I don’t think that Russia would even bother to put fighters in Sinkiang or China on the first round. If China and Sinkiang fell into Jap hands, then Stalin would be hearing the warning bells. For now, the Russians are stuck on a CGF strategy. The UK might be able to help. The most viable solution would be to transfer materials from Persia, not India. Reinforcing the Sinkiang with multinational UK/US forces would probably be of use. Now, if I was the Japanese player, I would avoid capturing Sinkiang and overextending my lines in front of Russia. BTW, Russia might not put troops in Buryatia on their first turn, and just concentrate on Germany instead. If this happens, the Japs most likely would be able to capture at least two of the three listed above.

The importance of China cannot be fully resolved. You can only look at it through certain situations.

• @bilbobaggins321:

Through Japanese eyeglasses, China is the quickest way to put pressure on the Bear. Otherwise, the Japs could try and mount an offensive through SFE, Buryatia, and Yakut, which would require a lot of infantry. The Russians go first, and a logical move is to put infantry in Buryatia so the latter Jap method is stalled.

Yakut is the quickest way to put pressure on the Soviet Union. If you have infantry in Japan and land in on Asia here is the breakdown of the 2 routes (Yakut/China)

• Buryatia -> Yakut -> Novosibirsk -> Russia
    • Manchuria -> China -> Sinkiang -> Novosibirsk/Kazakh -> Russia

Plus, most of the territories conquered on the Yakut route drop Russian’s income, while the opposite happens in China.

• @Hobbes:

Yakut is the quickest way to put pressure on the Soviet Union. If you have infantry in Japan and land in on Asia here is the breakdown of the 2 routes (Yakut/China)

• Buryatia -> Yakut -> Novosibirsk -> Russia
    • Manchuria -> China -> Sinkiang -> Novosibirsk/Kazakh -> Russia

Whay are troops starting from Manchuria instead of the Kwangtung?

• @bilbobaggins321:

Whay are troops starting from Manchuria instead of the Kwangtung?

Suppose Japan has four transports.  Two start at French Indochina, two start at the sea zone east of Japan.  The ones at FIC go to the sea zone east of Japan, pick up at Japan, and drop to Buryatia.  The ones east of Japan pick up at Japan and drop to FIC.  That way, you offload eight ground units from Japan every turn, feeding both the essential southern route (India-Africa-Caucasus) and the shortest route (via Buryatia-Yakut-Novosibirsk/Evenki as described by Hobbes.)

Once Japan has loaded both sides THOROUGHLY it does not need to go through China at all.  In fact, it shouldn’t because it’s slower.  The sole benefits of maintaining the China route are the ability to attack into Novosibirsk and Kazakh.  But the Japanese at Persia can take Kazakh, and the Japanese at Yakut can take Novosibirsk.

If Japan has NOT loaded both sides thoroughly, though, the Allies may make a play to break back into China.  In that case, the transports that start at FIC go to the sea zone WEST of Japan (not east), pick up at Japan, then drop to Manchuria (closer to the China route), and Japan feeds into China from there.

You do not want transports at Kwangtung because it breaks your transport line.  Any transports at Kwangtung can’t pick up at Japan then drop to FIC next turn.

• Depending on jap actions and how well it goes in J1 there is always the rare possibility of a US factory in Sinkiang, supported by 4 rus inf in R1. in US2 they will be able to build 2 tanks there, and landing hawaii fighter and us bomber as well giving them 2 inf 2 tanks 1 fighter and 1 bomber +4 rus inf in Sinkiang at the end of US2.

If such a factory is established China becomes very important.

Even if such a factory is not established it could still be worth it for rus to join forces with the 2 chinese inf in Sinkiang depending on the game.

All in all it all depends on the game, but I just thought I would come with a couple of scenarios where China could become keyareas.

• US either has to build an Atlantic fleet or a Pacific fleet.  Building an IC in Sinkiang then feeding it just slows US naval progression, which means delay in US’s ability to seriously project power in either east or west.

Generally Allied Asian ICs last a little while, delaying Japan’s advance, then Japan grabs them, then Japan takes advantage of the IC to gain a boost in momentum.

So what this balances out to is Japan gets a little bit less income at first, then gets a considerable boost in momentum from capturing then being able to use an industrial complex, but US’s advance is severely slowed.

The only way to have a hope of breaking this losing equation is a combination of careful planning and moderate to good dice results.

If you’re up against a good - not just decent - Axis player, you cannot just shove units towards Sinkiang/India and pop an IC on one or both, because the Axis will absolutely make you pay.  If the Allies push protection to the ICs to slow Japan, Germany should gain in Africa and particularly Europe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m