• I hereby rename this thread!

• Hey I’m 49 and still a kid at heart and my wife will tell ya that I still act like a child and I say thats why I get along with my 11 & 12 year old kids  or should I say your as young as you feel or act

Hats off to your DAD Tall Paul, and I’ll give him a salute. I would also like to say tanks for all the sacrifices he and his generation endured so that we could keep our way of life and our values. I hope he wins from the U.S.A. every time
      We all should meet in the center of the country for a weeks vacation of A & A war gaming, or book a cruise thats exclusively A & A.
    I love this web site

• Customizer

Wow,

I just logged back on and this thread has been re-named “Tall Paul’s Dad”.  Honestly, I was just answering SF’s and other people’s questions.  I hope I haven’t done anything wrong.  Thanks Zallomallo.

Well, does this mean ya’ll want to ask more questions about my Dad and his service?  Hear some of his stories?

BTW, my Dad came back from WW2, went to college, got his degree in Printing (and Finance) and after a few years opened his own Printing Company.  Harwell Printing Co.
    When he bought the property for his shop the Post Office asked him what address he wanted(there was only one other building on the block).  He said, Well, this is the 3700 block and it’s 1956 so make it 3756.  He still works EVERYDAY although he moved his shop to his residence about 10 years ago.  Let’s see that’s 55 years and still going, wow.  Anyway about 20 years ago he took over complete control of a small country newspaper he had been printing for a long time.  After seeing “Saving Private Ryan” with me and having his “re-birth” so-to-speak he started remembering his experiences and then writing them down.  They became a string of articles of his complete experience in WW2.  Who knows, we might publish them as a book one day.  I try getting him to “fill in” some things that I think would round out a good book, such as a listing of all of the unit’s personel.  This might actually happen now as he is the absolute last man remaining from the 3rd FOB.  There were some people who he didn’t want to embarass by telling true stories about them.  Like “Jake the Fake”.  An officer who put on airs of superiority but was a true coward.  I remember he said “JTF” once rolled up about a half-mile of communication wire on his Jeep’s drive shaft because he was too scared to stop and unwrap it in a front line area.  The commo. team “loved” him for that one.

Oh, I’m sure everyone here has seen the old movie “Battle of the Bulge”.  Well most of the men that the German SS massaquerred(?) at Malmedy were 3rd FOB guys.

BTW, I have about a hundred pics of my Dad during WW2.  But when I had them professionally scanned onto a DVD I had them do it at the highest dpi so they would be sharp and clear.  But that makes these files a bit too large to post on here.  I’d be glad to share these pics with everyone if somebody knows a way I can post them here on A&A.ORG.  Any ideas anyone?

“Tall Paul”

• @Zallomallo:

I hereby rename this thread!

Elegant solution :)

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

@special:

Who would be the oldest member? (not me)

It is I!

OOPS, I thought the question was who is the oldest forum member. Sorry.

• @Fishmoto37:

@Fishmoto37:

@special:

Who would be the oldest member? (not me)

It is I!

OOPS, I thought the question was who is the oldest forum member. Sorry.

that was my question, yes. Then one thing leads to another and you got war-stories :D

Tall Paul, as far as i’m concerned: i’d love to hear more stories (and i’m sure i’m not the only one)

(and if other people have stories… shoot!)

• Sponsor

Tall Paul…… Is your Dad a good player?

• Customizer

YG,

My Dad, or “Big H” as everyone calls him holds his own in our A&A games.  Although he usually only has 4-5 hours to play A&A he does all right for himself.  He does tend to have only 2-3 strategies as America, though.

“Tall Paul”

• '10

@Tall:

YG,

My Dad, or “Big H” as everyone calls him holds his own in our A&A games.  Although he usually only has 4-5 hours to play A&A he does all right for himself.  He does tend to have only 2-3 strategies as America, though.

“Tall Paul”

Thats about my time limit for one session also. If a strategy is working why change. If its not broke dont fix it! Usually takes us two or three of those 4-5 hour sessions to finish a game. Of course we never play with victory cities just to total victory. Having said that we never go all the way to the bitter end. When you have played enough games you learn when its time to surrender. Its more fun for us to just start a new game.

• Sunway Hotels & Resorts goes beyond accommodation to emphasise more on memorable experiences. Visit for amazing deals. Wherever you go in the Gulf Coast , go with one of our conveniently located Ramada Hotels . Take advantage of our online offers and book now. We offer Safe & Secure Online Hotel reservations & bookings service for your travel savings.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m