G40-02 Kilroynothere (Axis +6) vs BigBadBruce (Allies)

• Man up…keep playing.

• I dunno… France probably gets to build units, and that’s just rough.  You get a hail mary w/ Italy but they’re going to be at a disadvantage.  If France builds units there’s juts no way.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@souL:

I dunno… France probably gets to build units, and that’s just rough.  You get a hail mary w/ Italy but they’re going to be at a disadvantage.  If France builds units there’s juts no way.

Yes, but Italy should be able to take France which might, at least has in my games before, make Italy nigh unstopable!

• How so?  7 units remain, to be reinforced by 3 UK ftr (it’s what I’d do).  Both the unit count and punch favor the Allied cause.

• Not to mention 0 ground units were built and soooooo many were lost.  Can’t rightly prepare to sealion Britain if you’ve got no ground forces left, a move made clear by his opening purchase.  I couldn’t imagine the Russian purchase not being extremely aggressive, I don’t see any way the Axis could compensate.

• '22 '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

I appreciate the pep talk, Jenn. I knew the risks involved with the opening moves. I was hoping to just have the 2 tanks and the planes remain at a minimum… about a 70% chance of that happening. Still would allow a G3 Sealion (with inf from the east moving over) if I wanted to… and it completely sank the British Fleet and gave a great push for a strong Axis Europe side.

I’m with souL on how it was going to play out. If I were Bruce I would fly my fighters to France and that would effectively prevent Italy from taking France. Plus a French build, and we have at a minimum a G3 push to finally take out France.  That pretty much is a death call for the Axis. Just entirely too late.

As I said, I knew the risks, and I accept that the gambit failed. It happens.

Really appreciate everyone’s input. This site is simply amazing with so many good players and great insight. The passion we all share for this game is fantastic.

And Bruce, happy to play another game for fun. I’ll let you play the Allies again. You might need the practice for the future tourney games….

I’ll set one up in the normal forum for games if that is OK with you.

• @kilroynothere:

And Bruce, happy to play another game for fun. I’ll let you play the Allies again. You might need the practice for the future tourney games….

I’ll set one up in the normal forum for games if that is OK with you.

Sure, excellent!  :-)

If you are OK, I’ll do the same bid and start the same way… let’s see if this gambit can work or if it is simply too risky!

• I totally agree with Kilroy’s view on the situation.

I indeed to move all 5 UK’s planes (why only 3?) that can reach Paris… not only to make impossible for Italy to take it, but making France able to hit Italy… or even just stay put with an extra 6Inf on the of what will be there.

If anyone feels like playing Axis, which is a lost of time IMO, I’ll accept and be bound to the result regarding tourney round 3.
    Here’s a map of the situation as it is now (Germany’s conduct combat phase, YUGO yet to do)

Kilroy_vs_BBB_01aGER.AAM

• @kilroynothere:

If you are OK, I’ll do the same bid and start the same way… let’s see if this gambit can work or if it is simply too risky!

Yep, I’m good with that.

Cool. I’ve started the game and await your scramble orders… its deja vu!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m