What new questions do you have about A&A Zombies?

• Founder TripleA Admin

I have another opportunity to interview the game designer of Axis  & Allies & Zombies. So I’d like to extend that to the community and find out, what new questions do you have about the game?

We’re getting close to GenCon and I’m scheduled to play on Saturday morning (Sorry I’m busy all day Thursday with Catan and Friday with A&A) so hopefully we can ask anything at this point. But feel free to ask soft ball and specific questions. Of course, I’ll reserve the right to not include any questions and let’s keep it positive.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

I’ll bite. Please bear with my sarcasm. If you need me to modify my post over jokes that may/may not go too far PM me about it.

My questions are based on my questions list in the other thread, which was directed at people who played the game at Origins earlier this year and were shilling on this board: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=42227.msg1783600#msg1783600

also based on questions of mine that were unanswered last time we did this: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41546.msg1742432#msg1742432

• After AAZ, should we expect to see more Axis & Allies games in the future? Will they be serious, “zany,” or a combination?

• Are the Zombies optional (can you play without them)?

• Do you surrender your IPCs if Zombies seize your capital?

• I understand that the map itself is bigger than 1914. But what are the dimension of the map? The 1941 board is pretty small, which causes it to be cluttered

• More details on combat with Zombies, particularly the “Zombie Dice” (TM, Copyright Wizards of the Coast 2018, all rights reserved)

These two I think were answered previously but I’d like an official explanation:

• Can Zombies coexist with an army in a territory, or does combat with Zombies last until one side or the other is wiped out?

• If Zombies can coexist with an army in a territory, what happens when another army enters that territory? Ex. My Soviet stack is in Ukraine alongside some Zombies. The Nazis attack Ukraine. Do the Germans attack the Zombies, the Russians, both, or do they get to choose?

• What steps (if any) were taken regarding game balance?

• Any update about the “1939 Setup” that was alluded to in the last article https://www.axisandallies.org/p/axis-allies-zombies-questions-answered/?

• Are there other victory conditions than the currently known ones (total victory, Zombie Apocalypse)? I can’t honestly see how they can list a gameplay time of 3 hours if there are no other ways to win than these.

• Any update on the “tablet” version of A&A that was hinted at in this rolling stone article from last year
      https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/how-the-company-behind-dd-magic-and-avalon-hill-innovate-w514703?

Apologies for hurt feelings:

• Will there be something in the manual where the game designer apologizes to the people on this forum who are unreasonably offended over the whole Zombie thing and/or something where the design team say some kind, respectful words about the veterans of WW2?

• Here are a couple simple questions I’d like answers for:

1. Will the stacking chips for this game be like the plastic 1940 (and older games) chips, like the plastic 1942 Second Ed. chips with the A&A logo, like the cardboard “chips” from 1941, or something different from (and not compatible with) past A&A games?

2. Will the zombie cards be laminated or otherwise protected from rogue drink spills? If not, will they be in standard sizes so that they might be easily sleeved?

-Midnight_Reaper

• Disciplinary Group Banned

@djensen:

I have another opportunity to interview the game designer of Axis  & Allies & Zombies. So I’d like to extend that to the community and find out, what new questions do you have about the game?

We’re getting close to GenCon and I’m scheduled to play on Saturday morning (Sorry I’m busy all day Thursday with Catan and Friday with A&A) so hopefully we can ask anything at this point. But feel free to ask soft ball and specific questions. Of course, I’ll reserve the right to not include any questions and let’s keep it positive.

I wish I could be there with you djensen.  8-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m