• I can’t believe there isn’t a thread of this yet.  So who will win?

Rangers…I’m biased.

I told someone last night after the close game that the Rangers would take the next one in STL, 2 in Arlington, then one of the last 2 in STL again, unfortunately.  Hell of a game tonight to keep my prediction possible.

Actually, as a whole…the past month of baseball has been pretty damn wild and entertaining.

• It’s been a great baseball season. As a life long Ranger fan its hard to believe they have made the World series back to back seasons.

• Game 1 and Game 2 showed that no one can predict these games.  They were both extremely close and could have easily gone either way.  The best prediction, I think, is that the series will be unpredictable.

Life-long Cardinals fan

2003, Cubs with 2 dominant pitchers, playing at home, 5 outs from the WS.  Bartman.  Cubs meltdown.  Baseball is very unpredictable

2004, Cardinals were mashing.  Dominant all year - over 100 wins as I recall.  Swept in the WS.  Baseball is very unpredictable.

2005, Cardinals at Astros in NLCS, down by a run or two, dominant closer Lidge on the mound.  Hadn’t given up anything all year.  Albert launches it up to the little train tracks in their Astrodome “mini-golf” park.  Lidge’s confidence is shaken for years.  Baseball is very unpredictable.

2006, Cards weren’t supposed to get to the Series, much less win it.  Won it 4-1.  83 regular season wins.  Baseball is very unpredictable.

2011 Who predicted Cardinals would make the playoffs when it was late August?  How many predicted Cardinals over Phillies?  Over the Brewers?  Who predicted a 1-0 NLDS game 5?  Sit back and enjoy the show that is the WS 2011  :-)  Join the Yankees, Devil Rays, Red Sox, Braves, Brewers, Phillies…… who all looked like contenders.  Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you… the Rangers and the Cardinals.  :lol:

Cardinals in 6  :wink:

• Or who would predict the Rays to be in it and not the Red Sox?

I saw a link where some guy put a $250 dollar bet on the Cards to win the NLCS back in August, and another for taking the World series, at 500-1 and 999-1 respectively.  He’s already $125,000 richer.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this team goes full game 7.  As baseball fans, we should all hope.

• Quite the story

Yep, we can only hope for 7
    1 and 2 were great - close from start to finish…

• 2-2, this is turning into a great series.

• @ABWorsham:

2-2, this is turning into a great series.

:lol: It’s been great from game 1!

• Man, it’s great being a Cardinals fan.  I’m still the only one who picked the Cardinals on this poll.  :-)
    Looking for #11 tomorrow night!  Maybe next year, Rangers!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’m a cardinals fan because my husband is a cubs fan.  If I root for the cardinals, I dont have to go to Wriggly Field and watch boring baseball.  It’s a win win! wink

Guess that means I vote Cardinals!

• I’m just numb, even though that’s the best baseball game I’ve ever seen, maybe ever will see.  I mean, Feliz has been giving me cardiac arrest all year so I expected one hurdle, but two?  Sheesh…what a crazy game.

I actually called the Beltre, Cruz, and Hamilton homers.  I also called the Rangers to lose once I saw Lowe was up to pitch.  Way to mismanage, and good on the Cards for producing with 7-8-9 hitters.

However, I am not satisfied.  Could go either way, still.  I find it laughable that the people saying that the Cards  would fight back in this one because they were down and wouldn’t lose are saying the opposite of the Rangers.  No, I think this means the Rangers fight even more.  What a display of cognitive dissonance.  All I ask is for a good game.  This is it for months.

@Gamerman01:

Man, it’s great being a Cardinals fan.  I’m still the only one who picked the Cardinals on this poll.  :-)
    Looking for #11 tomorrow night!  Maybe next year, Rangers!

Now now, don’t jump to conclusions.  It can bit you in the ass.  It’s why I held my tongue last night even with a 2 and 3 run lead.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

BTW, no, I did not vote cardinals.

• '10

I predict the Cards in 7!

• The defeat is going to take some time to get over. I’m ready to put these memories behind me. Game 6 drained me. I want someone’s head to roll from the Ranger’s pitching staff.

• That’s what I was talking about.

The Cardinals organization is unbelievable.

Another amazing chapter in their history.  That was fun.

• @Gamerman01:

That’s what I was talking about.

The Cardinals organization is unbelievable.

Another amazing chapter in their history.  That was fun.

It was crazy.  I wish I could have seen the last half of game 7 because it started off nicely.  Oh well.  But couldn’t you guys have given up just one championship?  I mean the Rangers barely ever make it to the playoffs and finally won a game, a playoff round, and made it to the world series just last year.  I guess third times a charm…

Oh, and the umpiring left something to be desired.  Nothing egregious, but as a whole it seemed to heavily favor the Cards.

• @Jermofoot:

@Gamerman01:

Oh, and the umpiring left something to be desired.  Nothing egregious, but as a whole it seemed to heavily favor the Cards.

That blown tag at first was a terrible call in game 3. That call would not have been blown had one of the top storied teams been in the series.

I’ve always thought MLB was backwards in its thinking about instant replay. Had a guy the other day defend MLB by saying it would lengthen the games. I replied, have you watched a baseball game, it has plenty of time. Give each team a certain amount of replays for fielding calls, one replay would work for me, just something. Don’t think you can touch pitching calls.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m