• Hi,

This is my first post, and hopefully one of many more to come.  I am starting a gaming group between my four friends and I, and three of them are unsure about the game.  Could someone please give me a brief summary of the strengths and weakness of Japan, Britain, and America (These are the countries not yet chosen by my friends). 
      Also, is there an updated strategy article for Russia in the revised version?  I see a lot of placing infantry in Karelia but Russia doesn’t start with an IC there so I think it may be dated.  If you could help me it would be very helpful and you would earn my gratitude.

• Howdy.

There is a one-page beginner’s guide for each power in the Caspian Sub files section.  Then there are plenty of other articles ranging in skill from beginner to expert to keep you busy.

Here you go: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Caspian_Sub/

Good luck!

• Ok, thanks for the site.  Is there anything else to do to help with my other problem?  I have a shortage of pieces, and my friend and I often run out of factories and chips for our armies, which usually causes less things to be produced and less money to be spent.

• Hey Flak if your going through that many pieces you aren’t being aggressive enough. If you want some insight into some good revised game strats go to the GAMES section of this site and review a few games between NCSC & Trihero. Both players have solid strategies.

• How aggressive should Russia be, all I did was establish a foothold on West Russia, Ukraine, and Belorussia.  We were playing Allis v Axis, so how aggressive should America and Britain be?  Thanks for your sources also.  Edit- I checked out the games forum, but its a little hard to understand in forum form, is there any other way of telling it?  I play Warhammer 40k also, and their forums have battles that are told move by move, possibly with pictures, or with a cool story that corresponds with the actual moves made.  If there is no other way to read a battle besides this forum’s way, I will just have to make do.

• The only suggestion I have Flak is review the Games forum. Check out NCSC vs Octopus. USSR turn 1 & 2 are on the 1st and 2nd page. You will see typical turn 1 & 2 strats. Also NCSC vs Trihero. They aren’t hard to review and they will give you a good foundation. good luck.

• TY for the compliments…

My strats are “solid”?  Sometimes sure does NOT feel that way.

And my USA moves in my current game with OCTO have been anything BUT solid!  LOL

• Yeah JWWII is right on, you should read the posts from NCS, they have a lot of good insight on how to play well. I learned a lot on how to play Japan just by reading his posts (I always do the 3 trannies build on J1 now  :-) ).

NCS, regarding your US moves, I think you just didn’t stick to your initial decision of attacking Japan with the US. I think you could have done great by pushing harder in the Pacific. The Japan fleet was very weak, and a little US fleet could have easily contested the islands. Just my toughts.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m