Settlers of Catan Expansions

• We play regular Catan. We recently purchased Knights and Cities. Which should be our next purchases?

• I would say Seafarers AB. The three combine very easily into a satisfying game.

• Hi Worsham (and PP).
    We found we were happy without expansions. That said , we don’t play it any more.
    We can’t stop playing 7 Wonders amd have three expansions for that. It seems an upgrade of Catan, with more scope for thought amd fun.
    Hope you find the right expansion.

• @wittmann:

Hi Worsham (and PP).
    We found we were happy without expansions. That said , we don’t play it any more.
    We can’t stop playing 7 Wonders amd have three expansions for that. It seems an upgrade of Catan, with more scope for thought amd fun.
    Hope you find the right expansion.

We have been playing regular Catan for years.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

I didn’t like Catan, Carcassonne, or any of the early era Eurogames.

7 Wonders,  I’ll second that its a great game.  Even saw a 1v1 head to head cardgame version at Gencon, I think.

• I share your lack of enthusiasm for Carcassonne taamvan, but have been happily playing Catan for years now.

If you like 7 wonders, try Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilisation. It is even better.

• Sponsor

@ABWorsham:

We play regular Catan. We recently purchased Knights and Cities. Which should be our next purchases?

You don’t need anything else in my opinion, after purchasing everything Catan has to offer… our group now only plays the base game with the Cities & Knights expansion, it’s all you need.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Cities and Knights is a family favorite!  My wife s favorite.

• We have played Catan for about a year and a half now. Last Christmas I got the Seafarers expansion pack. We have played all of the scenarios it came with,(We play alot)so for my birthday (16 days from now)I am asking for the Pirates and Barbarians expansion pack. I will relate how good (or bad) of an expansion pack it is. Seafarers is a relatively easy expansion, so I don’t recommend it if you want a whole lot more to your Catan experience. All it basically does is adds boats, gold hexes and water hexes, and Catan chits.

• Well, I didn’t get the traders and barbarians expansion pack. My birthday has come and gone so I’m super sorry. I was not expecting the present I got, soooooo I didn’t get it. I’m sooooooo soooooooorrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m