(Classic) Different types of House Rules, style question about asking them

• Hello Everyone,

I have been working on a collection of House Rules for A&A Classic, the Milton Bradley edition. They’ve been a work in progress since before A&A Revised came out. Yes, I know I’m late.

I would like to discuss some of the parts in my House Rules. I was wondering if it would be better to do them all in one post or to make separate posts for them all? There’s about 13 different things I was considering talking about. I figured I would ask about the expected etiquette of discussing a bunch of topics regarding House Rules for A&A Classic before I went and posted up 13 new topics. Some of these are things that have since been added to the game (Artillery, Cruisers), some are things that have been written about by others before (Paratroopers, Flying Paratroopers to the battlefield), and some are just things where I took an idea and ran way down field (such as my extended optional rules for playing with Special Forces).

The floor is yours.

-Midnight_Reaper

• I’d say it depends.  If your various HRs are designed in a modular way, with each one intended to be a “use it at your discretion” optional extra to the game, then posting them separately would be a good approach.  If, however, they’re designed as a system, with all the HRs being intended to work together in a reconceptualized and/or rebalanced version of the game, then posting them together would make more sense.

• @CWO:

I’d say it depends.  If your various HRs are designed in a modular way, with each one intended to be a “use it at your discretion” optional extra to the game, then posting them separately would be a good approach.  If, however, they’re designed as a system, with all the HRs being intended to work together in a reconceptualized and/or rebalanced version of the game, then posting them together would make more sense.

So, talking about groups of things as a middle ground? I could definitely break these rules into chunks and discuss them that way. One way to do so might be:

• Adding Cruisers to A&A Classic

• Adding a pair of new ground units to A&A Classic

• Adding optional National Advantages to balance differing skill levels to A&A Classic

• Adding a new Heavy Artillery unit to A&A, Classic or otherwise

• Adding Paratroopers and Cargo Planes to A&A, Classic or otherwise

• Adding Special Forces Unites to A&A, Classic or otherwise

• Adding optional rule for a Production Infrastructure fee to A&A, Classic or otherwise

• A new take on rule for rolling for Technology in A&A Classic, and a new Technology chart

Something like that. I’m not saying that I’m the second coming of Larry Harris, or even the second coming of Max Michael (the credited author of Max’s Advanced Rules for Axis & Allies). I’d just like a second opinion on some house rules I’ve been working on.

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m