For Sale: A&A Operation Barbarossa - $12 shipped

• Game is brand new, I took the shrinkwrap off of it but never played it.

Game info:

Operation Barbarossa

It is the early morning of June 22, 1941. In just a few hours Germany will launch the largest invasion in military history. Three million men along an 1,800 mile front that stretches from the Arctic to the Black Sea will attempt to conquer the largest country in the world–Russia! Germany has been preparing for this attack for more than a year, and is confident of success. Moreover, it appears this was done in secrecy, and the imminent attack will come as a complete surprise to the Russians. The strategy is simple: use the blitzkrieg technique that worked so well in Poland, Belgium, and France to overwhelm the poorly trained and poorly equipped Russian army. If this can be accomplished within the first few weeks, Russia will certainly be doomed.

The Russian army is in a state of disarray. It is still trying to recover from Stalin’s murderous purge of thousands of its best officers. The result is a great lack of leadership and experience at all command levels. Russia must absorb the initial blows and use the sheer size of the country to their advantage. This might buy enough time to bring their equipment up to date, and marshal their forces to put up a strong defense of Moscow.

You will command one of the German army groups, or the forces of Russia. The tasks of each side are daunting. Can you do better than the Germans actually did and advance your troops a mere 30 more miles to take Moscow? Can you take Leningrad, or reach the Caucasus oil fields? Germany was able to do neither. As Russia, can you overcome a serious deficit in equipment and manpower to repel the German invaders? These are just some of the questions to be answered in Operation Barbarossa!

• TripleA '12

Yeah, I’ve seen this game in a shop a couple of times and wondered if it was any good. Never purchased it myself, but I think you get a map, cardboard counters and rules. Is it any good?

• I think it was the most popular games made by that company (hence the out of print status). I’ve seen them go for $30-40 on eBay. No counters are included (this is the 2nd printing, their logic was that if you have to use A&A pieces anyway, why not use A&A counters instead of the flimsy paper variety).

I’m clearing out my closet and trying to get rid of any extras I have accumulated. Basically, $16 shipped covers like $10 for the game and the rest for shipping.

• Price dropped to $12 shipped. Last thing I am trying to get rid of - someone buy the dang thing.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

Héhé.  How much more $ to ship it up north ( Quebec city,Quebec ) ? Payment with Paypal ? Let me know. Cheers

J.  8-)

• '10

How big is the map?  Can it be used with AAA units?

• Answers - it doesn’t come with any units, but is designed to be used with A&A units.

Also, the game is now SOLD! I received a PM buying it last night.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

@FieldMarshalGames:

How big is the map?  Can it be used with AAA units?

Jeremy,

Here’s a pic : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/94232/operation-barbarossa

J.  8-)

PS Still can’t post pictures, so use the link…

• Buy it you can’t go wrong. I got two copies.

The pieces fit nicely and it is a fun 1-2 hour game. Just 2 players.

• '10

@reloader-1:

Answers - it doesn’t come with any units, but is designed to be used with A&A units.

Also, the game is now SOLD! I received a PM buying it last night.

Crud

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m