2017 Gencon Wrap Up PostGame

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Hey to all the AxA Community, coming back from the Smorey Swamp–General MacArthur (Taamvan)

Gencon 2017 even bigger crowds than last year, similar attendance at the Swamp.    Saw 2-3 Global boards per day, 2-3 Classic, 2-3 AA50, 2-3 War At Sea, 1 WW1, and an Ikuza.    42.2 Tourney was full with 32 players.    Many casual players on thurs, fri sat and more female players than ever.    Lots of new faces in the tournament – a scratch team of 2 first timers made it at least to the 42.2  quarterfinals.

Grandmaster Steve Czach (last year 42.2 winner) played back to back boards of classic/42.2 tournament.    Jeff Auer and Mike (6-7 tourney wins) played as a team up to the 42.2 quarterfinals and likely beyond.

We won our 42.2 Games 161 and 162 but Game 163 Quarterfinals  was a wipeout.  Karl’s nephew was his dice ringer and it wasn’t pretty–he blasted us on the opener, left and played a Catan tournament, quickly lost, and then returned to dice us some more.

Ryan (ghr2-sry if I got your name wrong) and Bob Roby were back as a G42 team this year, though I do not believe they took the trophy.  Except for Maphead and I last year, and this year, those two separately or together won every G42 at Gencon.

Going to have to update on the exact winners when the results are up on http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/gen-con.html  because we didn’t stay the last day.  But being in a shorter (16 hour!) tournament meant we had a more relaxing time in the city and several days off.  Costume was a hit, Swamp and Gencon bigger than ever.

See you in Indy.  Jon

• I just found out one of my current players in my group lost in the finals 42 game Sunday.

Congrats Chris for the strong effort. Don’t know yet if Ryan (ex player in my group) or Bob was his partner.

• Sponsor

Fantastic Update Taamvan, really appreciate that report… more females than ever eh?, interesting.

• @taamvan:

Hey to all the AxA Community, coming back from the Smorey Swamp–General MacArthur (Taamvan)

Gencon 2017 even bigger crowds than last year, similar attendance at the Swamp.    Saw 2-3 Global boards per day, 2-3 Classic, 2-3 AA50, 2-3 War At Sea, 1 WW1, and an Ikuza.    42.2 Tourney was full with 32 players.    Many casual players on thurs, fri sat and more female players than ever.    Lots of new faces in the tournament – a scratch team of 2 first timers made it at least to the 42.2   quarterfinals.

Grandmaster Steve Czach (last year 42.2 winner) played back to back boards of classic/42.2 tournament.    Jeff Auer and Mike (6-7 tourney wins) played as a team up to the 42.2 quarterfinals and likely beyond.

We won our 42.2 Games 161 and 162 but Game 163 Quarterfinals  was a wipeout.  Karl’s nephew was his dice ringer and it wasn’t pretty–he blasted us on the opener, left and played a Catan tournament, quickly lost, and then returned to dice us some more.

Ryan (ghr2-sry if I got your name wrong) and Bob Roby were back as a G42 team this year, though I do not believe they took the trophy.   Except for Maphead and I last year, and this year, those two separately or together won every G42 at Gencon.

Going to have to update on the exact winners when the results are up on http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/gen-con.html   because we didn’t stay the last day.   But being in a shorter (16 hour!) tournament meant we had a more relaxing time in the city and several days off.   Costume was a hit, Swamp and Gencon bigger than ever.

See you in Indy.  Jon

The 2017 results are in. Click on above link.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Hey thanks, SS

Looks like Carl and Nephew went on to win the 42.2–they played the new entrants (i think?) Doug and Shawn, who went all the way from green recruits to the final!

And congrats to my friends on the Dixon/Butler/Seacrest team for taking G42.  Plenty of upsets, Mr. Czach and Roby/Davidson took 2nds so that’s multiple favored teams getting upset and vicious seasoned competition in every rule set.

See you next year friends.  Jon

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m