• Hello, can some one tell me if this nike missile fire control site is still accessible to the public? Also can someone tell me what condition the sight is in. The most recent information I have on it is from 2009.  Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

if it shoots nuclear tennis shoes, I’m in.  :wink:

To answer your question… What? Could you give a citation or article so those of us illiterate to what you are talking about will know what it is you are talking about? And, this isn’t ripping on you, but I imagine the interwebs would have a great answer to your question.

GG

• For more information on the Nike Missile program the Nike Missile society (nikemissile.org/) has all the information you need to know. Also as I look over my last post I see that I accidently typed 87c instead of 88c. Sf-88c is located on Wolf Ridge in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The road that used to lead up to it has washed out in several places so you have to hike to get to it. The previous website has some information on it but I am not sure if it is up to date. The imagery from Google earth is from 2009. What I have gleaned from Google is pretty much location, how to get there, and what the condition was several years ago. Also I found a source saying that one of the towers that a radar dome used to be positioned on is collapsing, which Google earth doesn’t show.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m