• kill japan first is a fairly popular strategy with the usa nowadays. ive been wondering if theres anything that japan can do about it……

what ive come up with:

buy ships. dont spend any money on land units. build ships or aircraft. they are the only thing thats really needed to defend against an assualt from the usa. the first round, lots of people build 3 trns, and more trns later. if this money was used to build defensive AC’s, then the usa would have a hard time taking japan.

what would you do if you saw japan doing this???

• i’d say attacking england is a valiant strategy against KJF
    try to have a solid base in mainland, keep india small and try to hold on as long as possible to carolines (works great vs anzacs in my games)
    for the rest, i don’t have a great plans vs KJF

• Sponsor

The best KJF defense is a good KBF strategy. That means taking London G2 and Callcuta J5. The US will be forced to fight a 2 front war or the allies will lose.

• A good counter to the KJF stratgey is to smack the USA player to stop being “gamey”!!  :-D

• The beat Anti-KJF strategy is to win the game on the Europe board….

• I was thinking about doing something like a “transport burst.” Buy mostly transports and units to fill them with for the first couple rounds, send them to the Carolines. On J3 or J4 (or whenever the US is in the war) burst out and nab everything you can to gain income, NO’s, and kill Allied NO’s.

• If US is determined to beat Japan first, then make him regret it by putting Japan’s resources into Russia - a Major IC in Korea is just about untouchable by anyone, and will destroy Russia’s chance of holding back Germany if the US is not in Europe.

• @clintbeastwood:

The beat Anti-KJF strategy is to win the game on the Europe board….

This.

Tokyo fell in my last game, but the Germans managed to take 8 cities on the Europe side on the same turn.

• Hello, I’ve been developing a consistent gambit to counter the KJF Strat.
    Here’s what I came up with, and with all strategies, it’s counterable, if it wasn’t counterable, this game would be flawed.
    I first developed a exact tactical layout for moving American ships southward toward Australia (or they will face serious consequences), and then snagging all the east indies, Malaya, philippines, Hong Kong, FIC, and possibly Shan state. By the end of turn 3, the lesser allies should be running hard and protecting their heels. This will make the KJF even more of a priority for the American player. The american player moves back north, which takes some time, a resource that the Japanese player will have to use wisely, for blitzing India and returning to Aust. This is called the Australian pump-fake.
    The American player will not directly engage the southern fleet, lest they be utterly destroyed by superior might. On turns 2 and onward the Japanese player invests heavily in Submarines, possibly all of his IPC from the mobilize phase of turn 2. The Japanese player also blockades Japan itself with destroyers. The American can’t use it’s brute force to bring you down, and a long and tedious game of cat and mouse will occur in the Pacific, allowing for a Europe win for the axis. This is called Operation Atlantis.
    This strat has worked for me several times in FtoF games, and if you want me to lay out the exact build and move orders for turns 1-3, I will happily do so.

• So here’s the Question How many ALPHA+2 games have you played , and what is the win lose ratio of Axis to Allied , not whether you won or lost, and do you pick your countries  or randomly draw them.
      For us the Axis have taken the last few
      I like the sound of your counter to the Kill Japan First , anyway just wondering how the record looks for your ALPHA+2 win loss as Axis and Allied
      I should probably start a new topic with that question or two table top or lap top

• Sponsor

@suprise:

So here’s the Question How many ALPHA+2 games have you played , and what is the win lose ratio of Axis to Allied , not whether you won or lost, and do you pick your countries  or randomly draw them.
       For us the Axis have taken the last few
       I like the sound of your counter to the Kill Japan First , anyway just wondering how the record looks for your ALPHA+2 win loss as Axis and Allied
       I should probably start a new topic with that question or two table top or lap top

My one on one games, Axis win a lot, but in our 6 player group games, the allies win a lot.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m