Coastal guns appear on the Atlantic Wall!

• We’re going to use these coastal guns next game night…

I designed them and had them 3-D printed in white, then painted them. It’s so cool that we live in a time where we can make anything for this game.

Tentative house rules for Coastal Guns:

Coastal Guns Fire @ 1 at each loaded transport attempting amphibious invasion. Limit 1 per territory.
    · Characteristics: same as AA guns except can’t be moved once placed.
    · Dropped Airborne units can disable these guns before firing matched 1:1 basis
    · Cost 5 IPC each

• '17 '16

I would try to be similar to AAA: @1 up to 3 TPs max.
    Maybe combined with an additional hit to simulate blockhauss.
    So 2 hits to destroy them.
    Anyway, 1 per TT max is already a good limitation.
    The piece itself is pretty awesome.  :evil:

• Thanks Baron - I’m sure we’ll be tweaking how to use them as time goes by….

• Sponsor

Love the units, great work… and I love your rule as well about targeting transports. I assume that roll from coastal guns is a one time deal, as in not every round of course, and when does it get rolled?.. after sea combat, but before the landing right? Also, does your setup include any guns already on the board as starting units?

• @Young:

Love the units, great work… and I love your rule as well about targeting transports. I assume that roll from coastal guns is a one time deal, as in not every round of course, and when does it get rolled?.. after sea combat, but before the landing right? Also, does your setup include any guns already on the board as starting units?

Thanks YG - yes I’ve made the roll the same as a classic AA gun (one time roll), which we still use, to keep things simple. This is done after sea combat and before landing, yes. I’m only targeting transports because they would be coming in the closest thus most vulnerable, and that would deter a landing the most. This way invaders can’t just take free hits on their battleships.

• Sponsor

@Der:

I’m only targeting transports because they would be coming in the closest thus most vulnerable, and that would deter a landing the most. This way invaders can’t just take free hits on their battleships.

Excellent idea.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m