• Sometimes when we play Revised we use Special units for each country instead of national advantages. This unit doesn’t replace the first one, it just adds another choice. Here’s what we use.
    Country/Unit/att/def/move/special abilities/cost/marked with
    Soviet Union/Partisan/0/1/1/Can be built in any red terrirtory/1/Infantry with roundel under it
    Germany/SS-Panzergrenadier/2/3/2/can blitz like tanks/5/Infantry with roundel under it
    United Kingdom/Supermarine Spitfire/4/5/4/none/13/fighter with roundel
    Japan/Island Defender/0/5/0/can be built only on islands/3/infantry with roundel
    USA/B-29/5/3/6/immune to AA guns/20/bomber with roundel

• @aarules:

Sometimes when we play Revised we use Special units for each country instead of national advantages. This unit doesn’t replace the first one, it just adds another choice. Here’s what we use.
    Country/Unit/att/def/move/special abilities/cost/marked with
    Soviet Union/Partisan/0/1/1/Can be built in any red terrirtory/1/Infantry with roundel under it
    Germany/SS-Panzergrenadier/2/3/2/can blitz like tanks/5/Infantry with roundel under it
    United Kingdom/Supermarine Spitfire/4/5/4/none/13/fighter with roundel
    Japan/Island Defender/0/5/0/can be built only on islands/3/infantry with roundel
    USA/B-29/5/3/6/immune to AA guns/20/bomber with roundel

Kind of interesting but may be un-balanced

• The Partisan and the Islander Defenders are absolutely broken!

Partisans: too cheap. You build 3-4 tank per turn and 10 of these. You can absorb all the hits for rounds and rounds of battle.

Islander defenders: defend at 5? for 5IPCs? Are you serious?

• Partisans: too cheap. You build 3-4 tank per turn and 10 of these. You can absorb all the hits for rounds and rounds of battle.
    Not realy, I included this type of unit in my house rules and no drastic difference. 0-1-1 sound good for me but it will be better if you put a limit.

Islander defenders: defend at 5? for 5IPCs? Are you serious?
    I agree with you for that one. defend at 5 it too much.

• You’re right, island defenders should be lower defense. Maybe 3 or 4 at 6 IPC’s or 5 at 9 IPC’s.
    We play with these for mostly historical gameplay, not for an even game. We like to play how conditions actually were for a better game. The Soviet Union had hundreds of thousands of partisans and soldiers to defend Russia.They had the soldiers, but not ammo which is why they defend on 1 and cannot attack. I think 1 IPC would be reasonable because it cannot attack and defends on 1.

• You’re right, island defenders should be lower defense. Maybe 3 or 4 at 6 IPC’s or 5 at 9 IPC’s.
    No I think cost must be the same. In fact, island defenders is not a special unit but a way of thinking.
    Fight till the end. For the honnor like japeneses during the reconquer of the pacific by US Navy.

• Okay, so maybe 4 at 4 IPC’s.

• defend at 3 at cost = 3 IPC.
    May be hit by shore bombardement but not destroyed!
    Islander defender may counter attack before to be remove from play.

AL

• 3 isn’t high enough. Look how hard it was when the US tried to take Iwo Jima and Okinawa from the Japanese Island Defenders. It should be 4 at 4 IPC’s. Like I said, we usually play for historically accuracy, not even gameplay.

• Like I said, we usually play for historically accuracy, not even gameplay.
    Same here, we have the same thought.
    Don’t forget that japanese forces on Iwo Jima and Okinawa islands was regular army and navy infantry.
    Not special forces. They fight 'till the end because it was their fate.
    Surrender was not an option.
    That’s why I think 4 ipc for a non special unit it’s too much.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

How about making it 0/1/0 Cost 1, and can build in any original Soviet territory up to IPC value. That will limit the number, movement, and use of these troops, but still helpful during a German invasion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m