• These are some rules that I think could add some new balancing elements to the game while also keeping with historical accuracy.

1. I think that for every turn that the allies control northwest Persia, persia and eastern persia russia should get +3 ipc’s per turn. this represents the allied movement of supplies through Russia.

2. This is not my idea but I heard of a rule where you can use artillery that are adjacent to a complex/airfield/naval base to attack them like a strategic bombardment

3. For every turn that Karelia and archangel are controlled by Germany they get +3 ipc’s. representing the stopping of the murmansk run.

4. Tech dice reduced from 5 ipc’s to 4 ipc’s per roll, represents the technological achivements made with jet fighters and radar etc. seeing as noone uses them at 5ipc’s perhaps even reduce the cost to 3 ipc’s.

5. Battleships reduced cost to 18 ipc’s, Aircraft carriers reduced to 15 ipc’s. When a ship is damaged it costs 1 ipc to repair when adjacent to a naval base.

6. If Germany is +30 ipc’s and italy is +20 ipc’s without national objectives Spain and Argentina Becomes pro axis, if the allies control all territories adjacent to Turkey for one full turn Turkey becomes pro allies. If spain becomes pro-axis Portugal becomes pro allies, representative of the political climate in 1940-1945.

7. If the allies take finland they get +4 infantry immedeitelly, representative of political climate.

8. Allied bombers strategic bombing Japan proper will do +4 damage instead of +2 , representative of the fire bombings.

9. Japan gets +5 ipc’s for every turn it controls all Chinese territories, representative of national prestige.

10. +2 ipc’s to Italy and Germany for control of Romania (only available once all allied powers are at war) representative of Ploesti oil fields.

11. after 3 turns France collects half of the income of its combined territories (european board only) and may place units on London, represntative of the free french forces.

I understand the implementation of all of these rules may unbalance the game but I believe that some of them are viable and should be implemented

• Interesting set of suggestions!

About4:
    another option would be to have the first tech die cost 5 IPC, the second one 4, the third 3; fourth and more all cost 2.
    Would make investing in tech attractive, and the more you invest, the better the chances improve.

• Customizer

@special:

Interesting set of suggestions!

About4:
    another option would be to have the first tech die cost 5 IPC, the second one 4, the third 3; fourth and more all cost 2.
    Would make investing in tech attractive, and the more you invest, the better the chances improve.

Do you mean this for the cost of each die in the same roll?  Example, you want to roll 5 dice for tech.  Normally this costs 25 IPCs.  With your suggestion, this would now cost 16 IPCs (5+4+3+2+2).  Is this correct?  Or are you talking about the cost of dice per roll?  Turn 1 each dice cost 5 IPCs, turn 2 each dice cost 4 IPCs, etc.

• Too much NO bloat already.  They should drop the NO list to 2 per power.

I really dislike NOs that give more IPCs than the territory is worth.  Phillipines should not be worth 5 IPCs when the IPC value is only 2.  That zone is not worth 7 IPCs, it just isn’t.  The middle east again, why is NW Persia worth anything to anyone?  If it was worth something then it should have an IPC value.  I wish they’d bake the values into the map and leave the NO business alone.

The NOs just force players into set gameplans and takes away the variety that the game map allows.

• I do not understand number 10, because Romania is already german at the start of the game

• '10

@Warplayer12:

I do not understand number 10, because Romania is already german at the start of the game

It starts the game AXIS-ALIGNED, not under German control.

• You are confusing Romania with Bulgaria. Bulgaria is Neutral Pro-Axis.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m